I'm new to APACS could someone summarize the main series names for me?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by pluto5963, Aug 31, 2015.

1. pluto5963

pluto5963 Regular Member

I'm trying to buy a new racket and as I'm looking into APACS there are 22 series names on badminton bay. Could someone summarize their differences for me or recommend one. I want a 2U-3U racket and isometric, i play defensively to counterattack most of the time. and my price range is around 100$ CAD

thanks http://www.badmintonbay.com/Badminton-Racket/Apacs-Badminton-Racket

2. lcw the best

lcw the best Regular Member

Bomb maker
    Yeah! Me too. No one! Anyone? Come on!

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

[MENTION=124032]pluto5963[/MENTION]
    I am no expert on APACs but since you aren't getting much response yet, let me chime in:

There are so many racket types at badmintonbay. If you want to keep it simple why not order from APACS Canada? The selection is a lot smaller, so you can't get confused. It's in Canadian dollars, already, and the shipping will be a lot quicker than a slow boat from Malaysia ;-).

I did a little Apacs 'sampler' order from them before. Here is what I learned.

Lethal 90 - Stiff, 3U, slightly head heavy. Probably made for stronger folks than me.
    Virtuoso Performance - Mod flexible and head heavy but feels overall light ("3U-"). It is pretty quick and has good smash, but the flex wasnt' for me, as I found myself lagging on defence. That being said, I still drag it out for fun. :)
    Slayer 88 - This was best for me. 4U feel, stiff and balanced. I love it for defensive doubles. Of course they don't make it anymore. Not sure if the Slayer 95 (which is available) would be the same.

Tantrum 200 - My son plays with one of these, bought second-hand. He loves it because he is more aggressive player than I am . Somewhat stiff, 3U, slightly head heavy. I'd say it is an all-rounder. The 200 is gone, but there are reviews of the 300 in BC if you search.

SO there is a personal review of a few of APACs older products. Might not be up to date and comprehensive but it's a start. Good luck.:)

4. pluto5963

pluto5963 Regular Member

Thanks for the reply. The lethal 100 is on sale right now so might get that and its a bit more heavier than the 90. What I heard from reddit was that a lot of the names are rebrands so its a good idea to skim them all down to the main ones.

5. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Recently our club members have a bulk purchase of more than 10 Apacs rackets, below are some of the feedback I got.

Lethal 110, 3U head heavy stiff shaft at 28 lbs, two of our club members got it and both came back with very good comments. I can instantly feel increase of the power of their smashes, and looks like an easy to use racket as transition period is short about 2 hrs of play time.

Slayer 88 II, similar spec to Lethal 110 with slightly heavier head at 300mm, strung at 28 lbs, the same person who had the Lethal 110 is still struggling to get use to it. Nice cosmetics design.

Virtuoso performance, medium stiff head heavy, 3U weight but 4U feel as it really swings fast, I hit 3 times consecutively on the tip of the racket on first play. Overall a very good all round racket, you can read some very good comments in this forum about AVP.

N-Force, 3U head heavy, medium flex 28lbs, few of our intermediate players love it. Good smashing speed and sound.

Lethal 6, for its price a perfect balance all round rackets for beginners.

Nano Fusion Speed 722, medium flex 5U head heavy racket. My 8 yr old loves it very much as he can hit some over head shot with it now. I used it for a double match, swing fast and good defensive racket due to its weight but lack the killing power from baseline smash.

My 2 cents worth of advice.

6. pluto5963

pluto5963 Regular Member

Thanks for the info

7. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    Can you do a quick review on lethal 6 ? Can it be used as a offensive doubles racket ??

8. holytoa

holytoa Regular Member

all lethal series have hi-speed frame with them with different weight distributions and flex. very user friendly. try maybe lethal 9 or lethal 10 if you want a offensive doubles racquet

9. Carbonex_7

Carbonex_7 Regular Member

Lethal 6 is a 5U 81-83g, high flex, 285mm balance racket, the spec pretty much tells you all about this racket. You can play well with it offensively and defensively but if you are looking for extra juice from baseline smashing, Lethal 90 or Lethal 110 is your solution, but these rackets are designed for intermediate to advance players and cost more than twice as much.
    L10 has some very good comments on doubles.

#9 Carbonex_7, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015