Victor INDONESIA International Challenge 2015 (Surabaya, 1-6 September 2015)

Discussion in '2015 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Sep 1, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Venue : Sudirman Badminton Hall, Surabaya (East Java)-INA

Total prize-money : US$20,000

Tournament prospectus : http://badmintonasia.org/wp-content...or_Indonesia_International_Challenge_2015.doc

DRAW : http://badmintonasia.org/wp-content...nternational-Challenge-2015-Draws-Report-.xls

Daily schedule & Result : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=070544B7-FDE1-4643-BF84-6C7C5615FB8E

Surabaya time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=4011&forma=Find Time

2014 WINNERS => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...D95E52-1CC4-484D-84EB-BDDFC4B1C58A&d=20140816

MS - Lee Hyun Il (KOR)
    WS - Mayu Matsumoto (JPN)
    MD - Fajar Alfian/Muhammad Rian Ardianto (INA)
    WD - Suci Rizky Andini/Tiara Rosalia Nuraidah (INA)
    XD - Ronald Alexander/Melati Daeva Oktaviani (INA)

Most young shuttlers who participated VIE Open last week continue their trip to INA IC, two defending champions, Lee HI and Matsumoto are absent here. WD last year winner Andini/Nuraidah have changed partner to Giovani and Imawan respectively.

The tournament was already started and qualification round has been completed, MS R/64 will kick off this evening (04.00pm local time) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...0544B7-FDE1-4643-BF84-6C7C5615FB8E&d=20150901

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thanks CLELY for opening this thread so that bcers to post comments for this tournaments. Yes, Lee Hyun Il the gold medalists for 2014 is missing in this tournament. So high hopes will now be pinned on Jeon Hyeok Jin to win the gold medal this time. Also looking forward to see new combos of doubles playing in this coming tournament.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Korea is how in the midst of experimenting with different pairs. That is why partnership of the doubles have been changed constantly to create a pair that can really win in tournaments. This is because the current doubles pairing doesn't seen promising enough to win in tournaments. In this tournament it is also very special to note that there will be players who will be playing in both MS and MD events. Lets wait and see whether the new pairing will produce better result.

4. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Former MS champion of WJC 2013, Heo Kwang Hee lost 21-23 11-21 to another Indonesian junior Reksy Aureza Megananda.
    Anthony Ginting has officially withdrawn yesterday, Jeon Hyeok Jin should be another Favorite alongside with Firman and SDK.

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Recent VIE Open runner-up Fitriani got first round exit here, lost narrowly to KOR Kim Na Young in rubber games, 11-21 / 24-22 / 19-21.

6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Just checked the results and noted that wow there were a few upsets created. Le Hong Je just lost to Soo Teck Zhi. Since yesterday till today some of the Korean players have lost. Notably weak link in this tournament is detected in the MS department because till now only Jeon Hyeok Jin is left tall standing. The rest of the Korean MS players have lost. High hopes will once again he pinned on Jeon Hyeok Jin to bring back the gold medals for Korea. Not a very good performance from Korea overall.

All the India players have also lost leaving no representatives after the second round of the tournament. Most of the Indian players have lost yesterday and the last one lost today. Sad to say but this is also not a good performance form the Indian side.

Liang Xiaoyu is the only player left for Singapore. Yeo Jiamin and Loh Lean Yew just lost today.

Indonesian players continue with their good performance in this tournament as most of them have won and will be playing tomorrow.

Most of the Malaysian players have also won and will be playing in the quarterfinals tomorrow.

There are also no representatives from China in this tournament.

All the best to all the players who will be playing in the quarterfinals tomorrow.

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The quarterfinal round (04.00pm local time, 4 courts) will feat many home shuttlers and some of them involved in all INA affairs in 5 categories as the host has guaranteed 1 last four ticket each for MS, WS, MD also 2 spots in WD and XD as well.

Different generation of two MS local hopefuls, Firman Abdul Kholik and 2004 Athens OG bronze medalist Sony Dwi Kuncoro will take on Malaysian hurdle, 2013 Asian Junior Champion Soo Teck Zhi and former national player Tan Chun Seang respectively. Another MAS player Liew Daren will challenge second seed Jeon Hyeok Jin.

WS top-seed, Hanna Ramadhini has been ousted by Kim Na Young who eliminated Fitriani earlier. Kim along with her compatriot Lee Jang Mi, MAS #1 Tee Jing Yi and SIN youngster Liang Xiaoyu will try to reject home WS go further in this IC.

QUARTERFINALS order of play : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=070544B7-FDE1-4643-BF84-6C7C5615FB8E

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Kholik lost to the MAS but Sonny won. That left 2 INA, Sonny and a junior. Daren Liew even lost to the Korean.

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Indeed upset has been detected today when firman Abdul kholik seeded no 1 in this tournament suddenly lost to Soo Teck Zhi from Malaysia. Too shock after I saw the score today. Imagine, how soo teck zhi did it? Okay found out that soo teck zhi is actually a 2013 asian junior champion. Never expect Soo Teck Zhi to win today. What an unexpected result. Firman is a good player and is touted to be a player with bright future. Well, he is really living up to expectations.

Jeon Hyeok Jin won today and is expected to be able to win again in the semifinals tomorrow. Well I am predicting some upsets to happen this time such as Jeon Hyeok Jin vs Soo Teck Zhi in the finals. I am just saying that if this really happen then it surely would have been an exciting final.

Only 4 Korean players advanced to the semifinals which is indeed a poor result from the badminton powerhouse. As for Singapore none of their players pass through the quarterfinals. The last player Liang XiaoYu lost today.

Indonesia players continue to dominate the tournament and mist of their players have reached the semifinals. Congratulations for producing such a good and brilliant result.

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Just looked at the semifinals schedule today and I would like to say congratulations to Indonesia for such a good performance thus far. This year especially I was able to see how Indonesian badminton players continue to excel in badminton. For this tournament, Indonesia is secured of 12 medals because 12 of their players will be playing in the semifinals today. Well imagine out of 20 players, 12 are from Indonesian. Which means 60% of the players are from Indonesia.

Then 20% of the players will be from Korea. Korea are secured of 4 medals as 4 players will be playing today. This is definitely not a good performance from the Korean side as Korea is ranked no 2 in the world after China but their performance in badminton thus far isn't that good. Perhaps something should be done in Korea to produce a better result. Changing the management of BKA and coaches in BKA looks like a must now if we really want to see further improvements from the Korean badminton.

10% of the players will be from Malaysia. 2 players form Malaysia will be playing in the semifinals today. So Malaysia is secured of 2 medals. It certainly will be very exciting if Soo Teck Zhi can win today and advance to play in the finals today. To be honest, I am quite impressed with his performance thus far. Never expected him to advance to the semifinals but he has played very well thus far to advance to the semifinals.

Finally there will be a player from Thailand and also another player from a mixed nationality, Chinese Taipei and Netherlands. This is also a very unexpected result because nobody would have thought that a player from Netherlands will be playing in today semifinals. So Thailand is also secured of at least 1 medal today.

However, on another sad note, it is really sad to see that none of the players from India passed the second round of the tournament. There is also no representatives at all from China and Japan. Then Singapore players also all have lost and none passed the second round of the tournament.

#11 blabl, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SEMIFINALS (02.00pm local time, 2 courts) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...0544B7-FDE1-4643-BF84-6C7C5615FB8E&d=20150905

Three final berths have been assured by home players in WS, WD and XD disciplines.

Top seed Kholik was disposed by Soo TZ yesterday, the Malaysian will face former INA #1, 31 years old Sony Dwi Kuncoro. Korean promising talent Jeon Hyeok Jin is favoured to step up to last round against local young player Reksy Aureza Megananda who stunned 2013 World Junior Champion Heo Kwang Hee at first round.

Tee Jing Yi is the only seeded WS left and will take on the surprising Korean Kim Na Young who knocked out top seed Ramadhini and 8th seed Liang Xiaoyu convincingly en route to last four. The winner of this tie has host opponent, either Hera Desi or Gregoria Mariska.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The semifinals tournament have ended today. Indonesia continue with their good performance as 6 of their players will be playing in the finals tomorrow. Indonesia will have 1 representatives in each category and 2 representatives in the WD category. That me as Indonesia is already secured of 1 gold and silver medal. If everything goes on well as planned who knows Indonesia might have a chance to win 5 gold medals tomorrow. Wow Indonesia badminton players are certainly on the rise. Congratulations.

Korea will have 3 representatives tomorrow from the MS, XD and MD category tomorrow. However, it will be very difficult for the Korean players to win tomorrow.

Sony Dwi Kuncoro played very well en route to the finals. However, I also never expect Soo Teck Zhi the Malaysian junior player to out up such a tough fight before losing. Well, it was really an exciting match and worth watching. Even before the match has started, Soo Teck Zhi already knew he had no chance to win. Sony is a veteran, experienced 31 years old player from Indonesia. Soo Teck Zhi on the other hand is just a junior inexperienced player. However, he never give up and put up a tough fight before losing 18-21, 18-21. I expected Sony to have the advantage to win in the game but I never expect the score to be so close. So tomorrow I will be able to watch a very close MS final of Sony vs Jeon Hyeok Jin. I still believe that Sony had all th advantages to win the gold medal tomorrow.

Then for the MD department I also believe that Berry Anggriawan / Ryan Agung Saputra have all the advantages to win the gold medal tomorrow. This is because the Indonesian MD is a very experienced player who have won numerous tournaments before compared to the inexperienced Korean MD.

As for the XD match, I also believe that the Indonesian have the slight advantage to win the gold medal over the Korean XD. The Indonesian players are much better and they have also won numerous tournaments before.

As for the WS match tomorrow it is really unexpected to see Tee Jing Yi vs Gregor Mariska tomorrow. I guess nobody would have guessed that Tee Jing Yi will enter the finals. Well to be honest Tee Jing Yi has really been playing very well en route to the finals. She played so well today hence she won over Kim Na Young today. Well it would be very difficult to predict who will win the WS match tomorrow but I guess with the large home crowd support the Indonesian have a slight advantage to win the gold medals tomorrow.

Well, all these are just my predictions before tomorrow match and I may he wrong here.

14. arowana

arowana Regular Member

-
    Sony should be a tough test, but i expect rising player Jeon Hyeok Jin to win his second pro title tomorrow. Hopefully we will see some vintage Sony stuff, maybe he can prove me wrong.

15. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    Sony has trained very hard in the last few months under his father. Even harder than in the national team (he said it). but he still has back injury problems. I dont know when he can heal it.

he also has some problems in finding rythm in a real game after vacuum in a long time.

he regrets rejecting some sponsor offer last year. but now he is ready to start again from scratch.

16. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINALS (01.00pm local time) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...0544B7-FDE1-4643-BF84-6C7C5615FB8E&d=20150906

One title for the host as Andini/Giovani will take on their compatriot Imawan/Nuraidah and home shuttlers have bright prospect to add more through MD and XD.

It's challenging task for home veteran Kuncoro who's fighting to rejuvenate his badminton career and teenager Mariska to overcome Korean upcoming MS Jeon Hyeok Jin and Malaysian #1 Tee Jing Yi respectively. Jeon won Osaka IC last April and became runner-up at MAlaysian Masters GP Gold early this year.

17. arowana

arowana Regular Member

-
    Sony made it! Congratulations!

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Just checked through the results and my predictions came true. Indonesia has already won 3 gold medals thus far from the MS, XD and WS category. Yes, Indonesia have already won 3 gold medals. Then another gold and silver medal is already secured through the WD category as both players are from Indonesia. The best part here is for the MD match, Indonesia is also expected to win the gold medal as the Korean MD is an inexperienced player. So my predictions of Indonesia winning 5 gold medals will come true. Congratulations to Indonesia because their players have really been improving very well and played very well.

19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

This is expected. No surprise there.

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

A clean sweep by the host, the veteran Kuncoro and 16 years old Gregoria Mariska stunned their more favoured opponent, congrats to all winners!