String and tension for MX7000?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by KiraSpear, Sep 3, 2015.

1. KiraSpear

KiraSpear Regular Member

I need to restring my racket soon. would like to know if anyone can recommend me any good strings to get and what tension to string at?

Thanks!

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    BG80/BG80 Power @24lbs is a safe bet. ;)

3. KiraSpear

KiraSpear Regular Member

Oo ok thanks! Whats the diff btwn bg80 and bg80 power?

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I used the Power for nearly a year. I was coming from BG80. Now I'm using the BG80 again. So I share my experience.
    I was happy for some time with BG80 Power. It was a nice string which went with me through some tournaments and a bunch of league games. It was really a good string, but in the area of my prefered tension 29/31 to 32/34 depending on season and my fitness, the BG80 Power lost alot of feel after some time.

Actually I restring one of my rackets every week. So I'm not the average player who plays a string until it breaks. The frequency of restrings makes no difference if I use the BG80 or BG80 Power.

FME the BG80Power lasts longer, if you play it until it breaks. The BG80 don't drop too much tension about a long time. The BG80 is a very direct feel string. I love this feel. The BG80Power also has a good feedback but not as direct as BG80. BG80 has a slightly rougher coating.

As a stringer I can say that a lot customers go for the Power. It's a good string but needs a bit manual Pre stretch and 0.5-1lbs more to be more close to BG80. They prefer the slightly softer feel and increased durabilty.

I can say that I slightly smash harder with BG80 at the same tension. Some people will feel different. It's also a bit cheaper so everything speaks IMO for BG80. If you like a slightly softer feel and increased durability the Power is the better option.

5. KiraSpear

KiraSpear Regular Member

Thanks! Hmm I think I will try the bg80 first then.