Spinfire Automatic Base Clamps

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by henrychenn, Sep 6, 2015.

1. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
  2. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
  3. henrychenn

Student
    Yes I already know this, mines are 14mm and 8mm thickness, so "should" be compatible but just asking if there is anyone who has actually tried them with this machine and know they definitely do fit

4. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    Frankly, they look like they're from the same factory, I'd be surprised if they don't fit. TW's service is usually pretty good, so if I were you I'd order them and return them if they don't fit.

You'll have a hard time to find someone using the same exact setup considering Spinfire isn't a well known brand.

5. henrychenn

Student
    Yea planning on buying them anyway, spinfire is not well known, but was hoping someone from Austraia might have bought them before, can't seem to find this type of automatic base from any other company that actually sell them without buying the stringing machine

6. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
  7. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

Yeah, got them and they're great with the V50 hybrid clamps.....

Thickness of your slide rails is really not a problem as it is held together by 2x screw/bolts and there is a fair bit of extra give... Just need to use semi-permanent pliable gasket sealant on those screws so they hold in place once you've set your gaps otherwise you're constantly re-tightening the two screws as they shake loose every now and then.... They're actually identical to one from Aliexpress which are much cheaper and comes with the guide rails.... pretty good for the money

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tenn....E4Atrd&ws_ab_test=201407_4,201444_5,201409_3

They're pretty good and easy to use...... I'd give it 7/10

I'm looking into these other ones that look pretty awesome at around $150us for base and clamp but not sure if compatible on glide rails of most common machines....will advise if I can get my hands on them.
    Clamp Parts.jpg

8. henrychenn

Student
    I am definitely goong to purchase these, the ones from aliexpress work out to be more expensive as they are priced in USD and not AUD,
    Where is the link to the other ones you posted pictures of?

Thanks

9. henrychenn

Student
    What machine is it you currently have :)?

10. Stealthking

The other ones are from a manufacturer selling machines in China and when I saw the parts, was quite impressed so have asked them to consider selling parts separately.

here is link to their website....
    http://libotai.en.alibaba.com/produ...nis_and_badminton_string_machine_REX580W.html

Only issue with these ones is that the clamp bases have the Male posts and the clamps themselves have the female posts which is opposite to most machines around so have to purchase the bases and clamps as a set...

11. Stealthking

[MENTION=108053]henrychenn[/MENTION] I have a heavily mutated and modified Eagnas... LOL.... Every part that matters has been replaced including turntable, clamp bases, clamps and tension head (upgraded to Wise2086 as most do....)

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I'm 90% sure they'd work with that machine; clamp rails are almost always off-the-shelf parts for everybody other than the big boys like Babolat and Yonex.

13. Stealthking

The thickness of the guide rails should not be a problem at all as the two bolts/screws holding the clamping brake underneath can be easily adjusted or replaced with shorter/longer ones (see pic)

Clamp 2.jpg

14. henrychenn

Student
    Perfect thanks for the help from both of you, the ones from the chinese manufacturer do look nice, the clamps look like yonex ones, but just never sure what to think about websites like alibaba and aliexpress, these in total should be around about £200 so should be alright for me!

15. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The bolt length doesn't make any difference, but padding (washers) can be added between the brake block and "cone" for thicker rails. But without any padding, the brake block is in contact with the cone, and if the rails are too thin, the brake block won't rise far enough to engage on the rail.

Happily, I was able to use the brake blocks from my existing machine with the Spinfire bases, but I'm not sure what the brake blocks look like on the PS3600.

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

If you ever want to go for the Spinfire V50 hybrids down the line, I have found them in China for significantly cheaper than the Australian site... if I do the All England again next year, I might invest in a pair - the quality is excellent (diamond dusted teeth, double roller cams).

17. henrychenn

Student
    I was actually just going to purchase the Hybrid V50 as they looked brilliant, and my current ones are just average! This is just to save any further custom charges, and since AUD < USD, it works out to be an ok price?

Think the ones on alibaba are ~$90 for the set?

18. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Just make sure you get the right stem diameter - I know the Spinfire auto bases use 12.2, but 12.0 is by far the more common OEM size.

The alibaba ones are roughly $110-115 shipped here per pair, but they're 12.2 only; if you want the 12's, the Aussies are the only ones who've got them, I think.

19. henrychenn

Student
    Yea the ones i'll be ordering from the Aussies would actually be the 12.2 ones! So they fit more snug with the clamps that i'm purchasing.

20. henrychenn

Student
    If it works out to be $115 shipped then that's fine for me! I'm only overpaying by £6 as I would need to pay for postage for the Automatic Base Clamps anyway!

This just means if it does get checked for customs only 1 £10 DHL fee will be charged and then whatever the tax is, as i'm getting the Australian tax removed on them.

Thanks