Babolat Racquets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Toaster, May 15, 2004.

1. Toaster

Toaster Regular Member

Hi there

does anyone here has any experience with Babolat racquets? I live in New Zealand and its very hard and pricy to get top yonex racquets here. People here have been using the babolat racquets, I cant decide on 2 different model, the Comet and the Pulsar, can anyone help me out here?

according to the babolat website, the comet is more for offensive singles and the pulsar is for doubles. as they have 2g in weight difference and 5mm in balance point difference and comet is more stiff in its shaft...

2. KENMINTON

KENMINTON Regular Member

UNSW STUDENT
    i infact have both of these racquets. my opinion is they feel quite similar in term of balance and head heaviness. the only difference i can really tell is that the comet is slightly heavier than the pulsar. personally i don't recommend these racquets. they don't seem to be able to generate alot of power; these racquets require u to put in alot of your own 'power'. also they r slightly shorter than other yonex racquets. if price is the problem, y don't u just get the mid of the range racquets from yonex like mp44.

#2 KENMINTON, May 17, 2004
    Last edited: May 17, 2004
  3. Toaster

Toaster Regular Member

well, there are more to it then just the price, where i live, i cant get most of the yonex racq, only the very low end ones...

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I remember there were several old threads talking about babolat rackets, mainly on the satelite series. Maybe type babolat or babolat comet in "Search" can give u some help.

5. altreality

altreality Regular Member

IMHO, Babolat rackets (although very well made) just seems to lack that feel of the Yonex rackets...I tried it one and it reminded me of my boron classic...muted, no feel and a little boring...

Tonnes of high end rackets here in sunny Singapore....not cheap though..
    am sure someone can get you in touch with something you like.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Maybe because of its default string? I think its default string is way too thick and loose, therefore, totally lack of feeling. Once I switch to Yonex strings (BG68Ti, BG85), the problem got solved right away.

7. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I own both the Comet and Pulsar.
    I can hardly tell the difference between the two.
    However I seem to be able to hit the sweetspot of the Pulsar more often that the Comet.
    Both have same power level (but is low compared to Yonex MP series).
    Babolat rackets seem to have good finish and cosmetics.
    However, one thing I don't quite like about them is that there seem to be alot of "drag" when I swing the rackets.
    Its like having alot of air resistance.
    May be psychological though.
    Control is tops.
    Feel is a bit "muted". Too good vibration dampening...
    Similar flex to Iso Tour 800.

8. jeffreyk

jeffreyk Regular Member

it might be the big t-joint thats causing the "drag"...

9. A_F

A_F Regular Member

Electronics MFG
    Hi there,

I have tried the Pulsar and I find it is a very good doubles racquet. It has nice maneuvrability. I played with one that was strung with Ashaway Rally 22 at 23lbs. I found that it had good repulsion and smashed noticeablly harder than my Carlton Airblade 900. Probably more of my technique though, since I don't really have the swing speed to play with ultra stiff racquets anymore. I have to admit that it is shorter than most other racquets and the handle is quite round.

Hope this helps,
    AF

10. Toaster

Toaster Regular Member

interesting comments, i guess i might just work on my technique to get more power out of my current yonex racquets then....
    one thing i do notice when i tried the pulsar the other day is that it is abit shorter than my yonex. when i compare them side by side, yonex is about 2 cm longer....

11. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I have a Comet and a Chrono. When I first got the Comet, I don't feel much power. However, the factory string broke and I restrung it using YY 65 at 22lb, I start feeling the power, and the control is always excellent. I think the Comet is very similiar to Carlton AS-TI in weight, power, control, balance point, .... On the other hand, with the factory string, my Chrono generate a lot of power mainly because it's head heavy. I really enjoy my 2 Babolat's and they are only 50 - 60% of the price of the top Yonex models.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Which yonex racket? If that's a "long" racket, then, it should be 1cm longer than the Pulsar, as the last one is a regular length racket.