different stringing method according to differents raquects

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Carlos (Mijas), Sep 23, 2015.

1. Carlos (Mijas)

Carlos (Mijas) Regular Member

2. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

In one word.... YES.....

And those are not the only options/formats :crying:

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO you can't go wrong with the Yonex pattern for most rackets. Babolat, Forza and Victor have some unusual patterns, but mostly you can't go wrong with a 2 piece Yonex bottom-up.

4. Carlos (Mijas)

Umm and does it really affect the hitting?
    And what would happen if i encorded a racket whit a different method? Would it break
    [MENTION=59291]ucantseeme[/MENTION] [MENTION=111381]Stealthking[/MENTION]

5. Stealthking

Well I suppose its not as simple as that... generally speaking, most racket are done as per pattern three (labelled "Other Rackets"). With regard to the first pattern on your attachment (far left) they are generally for rackets like the VTZF, VTZF II, NS9000 etc who have separate grommet holes for the cross strings hence you skip A7,A9, A11. Similarly for the middle pattern on your attachment, those rackets have designated cross holes at the A8, A10, etc positions. You actually cannot string to the first and second pattern unless the racket has those grommet patterns.

Most other rackets and older racket (in general) would be fine on the pattern on the far right....

Hope that answers your concerns..?

6. Carlos (Mijas)

[MENTION=111381]Stealthking[/MENTION]

so are you saying that the far left cant be "stringed" with the far right method becouse of the holes??
    Im asking because a year ago i bought a yonex voltric force lcw edition, and all this long ive been giving it to be "stringed" for a person of my club. This year i bought another one, and it came with a different method from yonex so i have the two rackets (one i suppose bad encorded) and a new one (right encorded by yonex i supposed).

My question comes because the old racquet has a larger head like 5 milimetres, and i dont know if this could be provoqued by the stringing method

7. Carlos (Mijas)

btw have you seen the link you have posted before (cross strings)?? :cool:

8. Stealthking

Carlos, if you have a racket with grommet pattern similar to the far left picture, then "NO" you cannot string that racket with the far right pattern.

With regard to your racket, if it is the Voltric Z Force II (LCW Edition), then it will follow the pattern of the picture on the far left. As for your other new racket, you forgot to mention the model number so I am not sure what pattern that follows.....

As for the racket head size, there are slight differences in the head shape and size for the different rackets, so its difficult to comment without knowing which rackets you are comparing... As an example, the Voltric Z Force II has a slightly narrower head shape compared to the others....

9. Carlos (Mijas)

both racquets are the yonex voltric force (the old one is the lcw edition)
    http://www.centrodeldeporte.com/tienda/images/voltric_FORCE.jpg
    No voltric z force or z force 2

10. Stealthking

Carlos, looking at the picture for the Voltric force you supplied via the link, it would use the pattern on the far left where main string holes A7, A9 and A11 are skipped and used for the horizontal strings.

Why don't you post the pictures of your two rackets (close up of the racket head and grommet pattern) and it would be much easier to determine

11. zjxte

zjxte New Member

I normally do 2 tie off instead of 3 or 4.

12. Stealthking

A 3 tie off would be a neat trick....... :D

13. quagmire

quagmire Regular Member

graphic designer
    haha :D

I wouldn't worry about this too much, any competent stringer would know the standard yonex pattern and if they see that it does not apply to your racket, they would figure out it uses a different pattern and so would likely try and find the right way to do it.

14. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    I would worry about this. There aren't that many competent stringers. If anything, the majority of so-called stringers are not competent.

15. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    Hey now, don't say most of us are "not competent"! I'm at least half-way decently bad with my stringing jobs. :D

But seriously, I look up and double check stringing patterns for racquet models I'm stringing for the first time. After that I just make a note in my notebook which pattern it requires. My little personal stringing pattern reference bible.

16. yan.v

yan.v Regular Member

USRSA MRT & Certification Tester
    To be honest, I consider most of the people on here (and the other ones that take some time to inform themselves on websites like this one) better than most of the stringers that work in sports stores and even some pro shops. The former question their methods and take time to read up and improve while the latter assume that their position makes them good enough to call themselves "professional stringer".