Going from Forza to Victor

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by knielsen, Sep 23, 2015.

1. knielsen

knielsen Regular Member

Hi guys!

Im looking for a switch from Forza to Victor, mainly because i feel that the quality of Forza's rackets are going down quite a bit lately, however im not quite sure what i should get, i have had the BS LYD before, but it wasn't really what im looking for.

Right now im playing with the CNT Power 9000 "Very Stiff (VS)", which is a head heavy, they are all 3U if i recall correctly.

Marked for 290-300mm balance point, and 86G +-2G weight, having not weighed them im not quite sure if thats correct.

Im a baseline doubles player / mixed doubles player, and i like to play fast, heavy smashes and fast flat play.

Final criteria, i string my own rackets, normally i run my Forza's at 32LBS and they have been able to withstand that without any issues, and i would like to keep that for reference and since that's what im used to.

I have been looking at the TK9000 and the JS10, as i cannot test these beforehand im a bit shaky on which one it should be.

Any good recommandations?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

JS10 would be more in that 290-300mm BP range than TK9000.

3. knielsen

knielsen Regular Member

Thanks for that, i can see that the specs for the 4u is around the same weight aswell.

How about powerwise, is the JS10 still in the "good" end with power? Can it actually handle 32LBS consistently?

Thanks!

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hi [MENTION=118647]knielsen[/MENTION],

I played years ago with Forza, but switched because of the quality. I used a TI550VS in the past. Don't know how "VS" is declared for the later and other series, but I recommend a MX80. I bet you will like it. Will be in the same range, what you are looking for. 32lbs? pffff It can handle it with ease.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Nah, in that case JS10 is a better choice than MX80 in all aspects of ease of use, power, speed, maneuverability etc.

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

yes, tk9k will be 300mm+.

Doesn't the thruster play stiffer than the JS, though?

7. knielsen

knielsen Regular Member

The VS is simply short for Very Stiff, it's the stiffest rackets that they make and i prefer a stiff racket..

But as a backline player in general, i need the oomph..

As i havent used anything but the kevlar line for years it will be a though change :p

From what i gather, the JS10 is a more allround racket, where the TK9000 is a power racket?

8. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    The Meteor X series are well rounded rackets from Victor (MX80 and MX90) and very solid, stiff too with MX80 a notch stiffer than MX90 and head heavy. Also they have great feel as well. Balance point wise, they are around 295-305mm.

I tried the Jetspeed 10 4u and although it is faster and has power, the feel was dull compared to the MX's. Also it is even balance.

9. goku999

goku999 Regular Member

Professional
    If the stiffness of your Forza is as you've mentioned, then the Victor MX80 would be a good candidate racket. It's shaft stiffness is probably the stiffest Victor racket made...

10. amleto

amleto Regular Member

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Yes, but TK's being much head heavier with pretty stiff shafts means they play similarly. Just much more demanding due to the head wt along with the stiffer shaft.

Of note, I don't recall any current Victor sponsored players using TK's (other than TaiTY. But there are many using JS10's. Because they're more all round, with good defence and attack.

In the end, the accuracy and where the smash is aimed is more important than it being as hard as possible.

#11 visor, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  12. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

IME with both n looking at ur playing style, the 9ooo would suit u better.

13. kukkojas

kukkojas Regular Member

If you're used to really stiff rackets like Forzas VS then a JS10 might be too flexy and too light. I've had a Forza TI9000VS and it was way stiffer than any victor racket i've tested. I'm not saying JS10 is too flexy for every one, i personally like it, but if you want a very stiff slightly head heavy racket then i'd look for a js10 3u KRP; as someone said in the JS10 thread that it''s basically a stiffer more headheavier JS10. Or then a MX80 would do the trick, they're pretty stiff and nice rackets. Thruster series tends to be 300+ bp so they're truly head heavy rackets.

14. knielsen

knielsen Regular Member

Thanks for the feedback.

My only issue is that i can only really get the DE version of the Victor rackets, as i have no way of getting it from Asia without paying huge import taxes.

The MX80 is not available here im afraid, they might be able to get it, but i hate waiting :D

15. kukkojas

kukkojas Regular Member

Quick googling and this came up: http://www.tennistown.de/product_info.php?cPath=25_135&products_id=19037 I'm not sure if anything else than paint changed in the mx80N version. Someone know about this?

16. knielsen

knielsen Regular Member

17. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I think if OP is used to something similar, he is better of with a MX80 instead of a lighter and flexier racket, which is much different compared to his go-to.

I ordered in the past several times from tennistown. They provide a good and quick service.

If you don't have the background knowledge about Victor, you can't know that the MX80N was just available as 4U for Europe, so I guess that the offered MX80N is just a 4U.

18. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Second that. Tennistown is a reliable source with very good support and service. I ordered a couple of times there in the past.

19. knielsen

knielsen Regular Member

Had a test go with the JS10 yesterday, seems like a great racket, fast, with decent power.

Couldn't really make up my mind as it was strung at ~22LBS, while i use around 32 with the same string, hard to make a good judgement there.

But clearly a lighter more flexy racket compared to me Forza, but i might be fine with that as i might be willing to test something entirely new.