we should all be sorry for Halim instead of Candra

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kwun, May 17, 2004.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    come to think of it, why are we all sorry for Candra for not being able to go to the Olympics? afterall, he was the Olympic 2000, any more Olympics appearance should only be icing on the cake instead of the cake itself. and besides, Candra have had a great career wining numerous other titles, ok, no WC, but they were pretty close. Candra also got all the best spotlight and have played with many very good players.

all these talk about being sorry for Candra, we have missed another figure in the team, and that's Halim. Halim has almost always been the forgotten player, or the second priority. he only partner with whoever is left and hardly get the say on his partner. he did win an AE with Tony at one point and that was bout the only highlight of his career. now Candra doesn't want to play with Sigit and then he got the pick, only to have injury and sickness affecting their result, and now Halim too does not have the chance to go to the Olympics.

so i think we should be sorry for Halim Heryanto instead of being sorry for Candra all the time.

2. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

Didn't candra win the 1997 wc with sigit?:confused:

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    oh yeah. that's right. i forgot about that totally.

so there, yet another reason why we shouldn't feel too sorry for him... ;)

4. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

and didn't halim win the wc that year in 2001 with tony? don't mean to critzice, so plz don't be mad.just correcting
    :p

5. Hopui

Hopui Regular Member

student
    Actually for Halim, I would say winning the World Championships is a bigger highlight in his life. Although Candra had a great career, he's going out without completing some big goals such as helping Indonesia win the THomas Cup and going to the olympics. Also for Candra, waiting 4 years to defend his name as olympic champion only to find out he won't be going is disappionting. I sympathize for Halim more than Candra because he was the first badminton player i saw when he partnered with Gunawan.

6. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

yeah... so much more hilites than pairs like lee/yoo or lee/ choong... never seemed to win a big torney before?

By the way, who's going to the Athens in China for mens singles? i'm kinda slow in these stuff...:D

7. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

Im a very big fan oh halim and candra... i feel sorry for the both of them especially halim because he wasn't chosen for the Olympics nor the thomas cup team...But somehow i think candra is a better player thus i feel sorry for him more than halim...Anyway, i hope they can still play for at least two more years...after i have overcome the sadness of Kim's retirement... :D If three of my favourite players retire at the same time, can't believe i'm going to watch badminton anymore....