User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    WWC, wondering what's the progress?

With the new Smash City's impending opening in Milpitas, it seems like Vancouver's lagging behind in having quality places for drop-in. ClearOne's focus/priority seems to be on coaching and corporate bookings, rather than being a badminton hub for drop-ins, sad-to-say.

-dave
    Hey there,
    Sorry about the delay but again, it's stuff outside of my control. No easy task trying to locate a suitable facility within the designated areas. Lower ceilings (24') or for suitable height, it's the cost per sq foot.

Just have to be patient and keep looking. I'm just hoping that my investors are going to be patient too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winex West Can
    Hey there,
    Sorry about the delay but again, it's stuff outside of my control. No easy task trying to locate a suitable facility within the designated areas. Lower ceilings (24') or for suitable height, it's the cost per sq foot.

Just have to be patient and keep looking. I'm just hoping that my investors are going to be patient too.
    I hear that Sports Central (located behind Home Depot) is going ahead and building 8-10 court facility. There were previous rumours on this but nothing came of it. This time I've been told it's a done deal. Anyone hear of this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Hi Andrew

This is Noah

Your idea of having a dedicated facility in Burnaby is great. I don't like to travel to far far place for only 2 hrs of play. The fact about Burnaby is, it is hard to get a warehouse in the high traffic area unless you're thinking industrial zone by #1 highway. If you want an idea facility in Burnaby, you need to build a GYM. It's costly and not effective. No business plan will approve such risky investment(unless it's 100% coming out of your pocket). As metioned before, it cost 10000+ CAD a month just for the rental. Second considering will be utility bills. Heating will be a major expense if you operate 18 hrs/day during the winter if you have a 8-10 court facility. It's crazy.

I did a calculation, if a new built facility opens in the heart of Burnaby, it will take 7 years to break-even. Any business proposal with longer than 3 year break-even payback period is unlikely to continue. No one can bare the fact to burn their money for 7 years without the gurantee the money will come back. It's hard to find an ideal warehouse in Burnaby(either south/centreal/north, all in industral zone, unlikely to get re-zone approval). Dare to dream, dare to dream.

To get an ideal lot you need 1200000~1500000 plus construction plus interest before any income.

Btw WWC, I am at BCIT Operation Management program now. The following 2 months I'll be doing a new production facility layout design. If you need any advise, feel free to give me a call, I'll help out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Noah,
    Thanks for the offer. Will contact you once we have identify a suitable facility. Right now, getting high enough ceiling warehouse is not easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a Burnaby resident i would love to have one here . But ofcourse the zones in burnaby are so cramped and messed up not to mention the ground is not exactly flat. Anyways... buy your super 7s this week, its big Big BIG haha

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5