Going to Tokyo in May 2016 for a month

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by dontmakeme, Oct 8, 2015.

1. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    Hi,

I am a 23 year old intermediate/advanced player. I am looking to further learn more about badminton. I am looking for a club, coach, and/or training academy that will accept students for around a month of time. Could someone here direct me to some places in Tokyo (or nearby)? To make it more difficult, I don't know Japanese :)!

Thanks

2. Miyuki

Miyuki Regular Member

Hi!
    Maybe it depends on your level and situation.
    Which is the nearest station ?
    When you play?

3. tharun960

tharun960 New Member

Hey guys and gals!

I'm coming to Tokyo tomorrow (Monday 9th May) and leaving Monday 16th May. I will be staying in Akasaka from Tuesday for 3 nights. Then will find somewhere else to stay for the weekend. Any recommendations for places to play near where I am or near the central city? How much does it cost? Opening hours?

I played in S.Korea this past week for a good 5 or 6ish hours on Thursday for a cheap price at a badminton gym. Got some singles training/practice in just playing 1/2 court and full court and chose not to play many doubles games as I think I get worse if I play social doubles games.. I think I'll stick to training/singles practice while I'm here.. I'm looking for some good people to play with. Competition grade people or coaches would be great to play with.

I also have a friend in futakoshinchi who is interested in playing. Any recommendations for him?

Is there a big list of places to play badminton in Tokyo?

Thanks!

Hopefully see some of you when I'm there otherwise GG.

#3 tharun960, May 8, 2016
    Last edited: May 8, 2016