Racket purchase

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Palo-, May 18, 2004.

1. Palo-

Palo- New Member

Greeting for the Phillippines

Where the badminton is now starting to become a craze.

I would like to purchase a Armourtec 700 racket, i recently visited the site and noticed that it is available in taiwan for NT 1000 however there are one here that are selling way below that.

Is there counterfeit or knock offs ? and how can one tell other than the serial no.

Where can one verify the serial no.

i have tried to check the yonex website but they do not have an email add to contact them.

email ieccrp2004@yahoo.com

Many thanks.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Paolo-, looks like you are new to buying high-end badminton racquets. You must remember, if the prices are too good to be true, then they are imitations or fakes. There is nothing wrong with that, that is provided you pay pittance for it. However, it would be a tragedy if you are conned into buying a fake one and paying the price of the real one. For a real Yonex Amortec 700 racquet, the lowest price you can get now is in Hong Kong at HK$890.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Palo, as you are from the Philippines, why don't you contact Kukula-you can check from the members list-and ask for his advice/assistance as Kukula has bought Amortec 700 and 800 (the real stuff, not fakes).

5. kukula

kukula Regular Member

businessman
    Hello Palo. I believe the price you mentioned is ridiculously low for an original AT700. Currently the price in HK is around HK$900 more or less. I believe that the best price would be to get it from Bangkok. They have the best price for Yonex stuff. The only drawback is that the Yonex they sell is TH, which IMHO is not as high quality as the other regions. As Taneepak mentioned, just send me a PM if you need help. We are all here to help one another. But I dont sell rackets. I can just show you where to get them. :D

6. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    what taiwan site is that? yes, there are fake yonex rackets produced in taiwan, china and vietnam.

7. bambini

bambini Regular Member

bldg administrator
    is it proven that TH rackets are of lesser quality than AU,IN,MA,HK,...? :confused: can someone pls verify this claim and put an end on this issue once and for all. :cool: :cool:

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Anyone can make a website registered in Taiwan area, but one can order fake yonex rackets from China and sell them here. :)

There are tons of fake racket sellers in the US, but most of the fake rackets are actually made in China. Where the racket is sold doesn't mean where the racket is produced, because we have ways of transportation, such as Airplanes and boats. :)

9. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    1.I am going to add that 0.1% to Lazzy to make it to 100% :) It can't be true because its price is way to low, even 2X lower than the dealer's invoice.

2. NT1000 fake racquet is too expensive. I have seen a fake AT700 selling in Taiwan (website) and it's only $499NT (or $15USD). :D

10. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well sometimes they might say , this is Yonex "overruns" which is not true. Before we buy any so call Real Yonex and someone give us a ridiculous cheap price , ourselfs we have to survey the general market value for the item that we buy. Do some checking before buying some goods that you suspect something is not right.

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

No, not true. The real ones, not imitations or fakes, are the same as JP or SP or AU, etc. Do you know you can actually check with Yonex if you have bought a real one or a fake one? If your racquet has an SP check with Sunrise in Singapore by email, which I have given elswhere in this forum. All you need to supply them is your serial number on the shaft and the number and country code on the cone. If it is AU check with Yonex Australia. If you think this is too much of a bother, then always buy racquets from shops that sell only the real stuff and never any fakes.

12. kukula

kukula Regular Member

businessman
    Agreed. Buying from reputable stores and authorized Yonex outlets will save you the heartache and disappointment of getting a clone or a fake :)