Using a mp99 now, want more power;AT800?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Scriber, May 19, 2004.

1. Scriber

Scriber Regular Member

I am using a mp99 3uG4. I only play doubles. I like the maneuvarabilty of it, but find that I have to work very hard to smash it hard. I like to smash alot. I was thinking about getting either a at800de in 3ug4 or a at800of in 4ug4. The 2 concerns i have are that either the at800 of in 4ug4 will be too head heavy and i will lose the ability to maneuver quickly due to its head heaviness; or the at800de in 3ug4 will make little difference in improving my power over the mp99 3ug4 that i am using now. Any thoughts?

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    To be honest, the MP-99 is a racket used by many of the top players in the world, in singles, doubles, mixed, ladies or Mens. They seem to have a lot more power than most with that racket.

if you cant produce the power with that, then I suggest you look at your technique bsfore shelling out megabucks for a racket that may not be any better.Spend the Money on lessons instead is my suggestion.

3. Cricket

Cricket Regular Member

Not enough power, from MP99?! That's like.....unheard of! I tried my friend's MP99 and it was ok, I wasn't quite used to it but it felt nice. You could try a Ti-10, 2U or 3U, whichever suits you the best, for me, Ti-10 3U can generate a ton of power, but I still think my CAB 30 MS rules above all, haha ^_^

4. other

other Regular Member

Student
    how about an mp99 2u? don't know if you can get them from where you are. added bonus of not giving away your intentions/mood/playing style to the opponent since they will both look the same (as longs as same colours for strings and grip).

seriously tho, mp99 is meant to be power right? maybe it is too stiff for you?....conversely...could be not stiff enough

lol...i'm not much help am i? but just some fundamental questions to work out the answers to first :p