High Tensions

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by altreality, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altreality

altreality Regular Member

Noticed that you guys seem to be keen to push racket tensions to 30lbs etc...
    I have never gone above 25.....

How does it help your game - other than the obvious additional repulsion....is there any loss of "feel" and control ?

2. kukula

kukula Regular Member

businessman
    On the contrary, higher tension would enhance feel and control, while somewhat sacrificing power. Thats the reason why top players usually string their rackets that high. Bec they have already developed power and is more concerend with precision and control. Anyway I myself only string my rackets to a max of 25lbs too. I suggest go with a tension that you feel comfortable with. Too much tension is bad for your wrist and arms. They can cause injury if you are not up to it

3. registered

registered Regular Member

Royal Bum
    i beleive it is said that you get more feel and more control, but that is if you are able to use it... so i guess it's all down to the player :)

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    1) look in the FAQ section
    2) go to equipment FAQ
    3) follow the relevant links
    4) this thread will be closed since the topic has been addressed quite comprehensively in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.