Already posted a message before I introduced myself ...oops ^^

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by cookiss, May 21, 2004.

1. cookiss

cookiss Regular Member

Hi everyone,
    I have been reading posts here but didn't quite know how I was supposed to post....hope I have posted in the right section of the forums ^^ (intro...)

I am a Chinese who was born in Hong Kong, moved to Vancouver,Canada, and now moved to Japan. I'm living in Tokyo, and it's extremely hard to find a place to play here. That's how I found BF when I was searching on the internet for badminton clubs.

I just turned 23, and I'm teaching English in Japan. I'd say I'm an intermediate player (maybe? @@)...I started playing badminton in PE class in school, but it wasn't until the recent 2 or 3 years that I become addicted to it. That's why now I need to find a place and players desperately to play in Tokyo!!

Although I don't see much BF members who live in Tokyo, I hope there are a few, and whoever's out there, maybe we can play together!

That's all for now ^^

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    welcome to BF :)
    I know a guy who went to japan to teach english and marry a japanese girl there, he's still there. He comes back to calgary every christmas and he looks more muscular everytime he's back. Japanese players are making him run around too much so he build up muscle to he could smash hard on those japanese he told me :)

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    Welcome to the family.

Wow! Cool! you've been around the Asian Pacific region lol

I do know of a few places you can play, but I dont know if there are all that many BF members from Japan here...
    They tend to stick to their own forums and websites in Japan.

I had a list here some place, I'll have to scrounge around for it.

There also might be some places listed in the "Places to play forum"

Check it out when you get some time. :D

4. cookiss

cookiss Regular Member

You guys are so lucky!! You know why? because u'r in canada...Canada is really the best place to play any sports!!

I checked in the Places to play in Tokyo section...but no luck ><

I did find one place to play in tokyo, but it takes me 1 hour and 30 minutes to get to, I can only go once per week (not enough !!) AND....it costs about CDN$30 to play each time!!! isn't it ridiculous?

woowoo....i hope I'm in canada!:(

5. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Damn! That's almost as expensive as playing in NYC (US$21 according to Lazybuddy):(.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    and some people thinks JP racquets are expensive :eek:

7. richho

richho Regular Member

CSR

Cookiss,

Sounds ridiculous paying that much in TOKYO,but it isn't surprised though!
    Tokyo is reputabe for its high price.However,that's a long trip to get to the premise.Can you still play after that tiring ride?

Back to Vancouver!!!!!

8. SchrodingerCat

SchrodingerCat New Member

looking for one

That is 3 hours round trip!!! How many hours of play do you get from CDN 30 per session? (I guess it is 2 hours) :eek:

9. cookiss

cookiss Regular Member

I used to live in Burnaby too!! ^^ which part of burnaby do u live in?

10. cookiss

cookiss Regular Member

ya...@@ the commuting is long...but today, i found out that other members of this club travel 2 hours to get there!!

I get 4 hours of play for that price...but what sucks is they do stretching for a long time before playing games...and in the middle of games, they do some kind of 10 minute "training" (but there's not really any coach! just practice)....for me, I prefer playing games...so i hate the training part! and the stretching part makes me feel like i'm back in high school!!

So i'm definitely changing places to play very soon :cool:

i'll go back to vancouver for vacation for sure...and when i do, i'm sure i'll be playing everyday! ^^

11. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Within walking distance from Royal Oaks Skytrain Station. You still got family in Burnaby?

12. Kitty

Kitty Regular Member

Hello Cookiss, welcome to BF! :)

You speak any Japanese? I visited Toyko few years ago and figured out I couldn't survive cuz I don't speak any Japanese! I tried order coke at the food stall at Disneyland with all kinds of hand gestures but only ended up with a lemonade!!! :eek:

Kitty

13. SDK-MSN

SDK-MSN Regular Member

Cool!u live in Tokyo!I had always wanted to go but high prices always held me back from goin since im from a poor country :( :mad:
    Hehehehehe!!!anyway, see you around !!:D

14. cookiss

cookiss Regular Member

My dad still lives there, but my family is all over the place now (hong kong, japan, taiwan, and canada)...eventually, maybe my whole family will move back to hong kong :(
    I love vancouver though...i'll definitely consider living there long term once i earn some money ^^
    I used to go to your neighborhood alot! (for taiwanese food...yummy!) I miss chinese food now >< chinese food is expensive here!

15. cookiss

cookiss Regular Member

No...I dun speak any Japanese >< I should really learn but I'm kinda lazy...plus I need pressure (like in schcool) to learn ...hehe...
    I use gestures a lot too! I find it's not that hard to survive without japanese, cuz I'm Chinese, so I could write in Kanji to show them! ^^ Plus I got a cell which has dictionary function...so that works well ^^

16. cookiss

cookiss Regular Member

^^ I know...japan is super expensive...I'm not from a poor country, but I'm a poor student... :( so I come here to teach English, which pays average. I'm sure U'd be able to come too if u speak english...for the salary they pay u here, U can even save some money if u dun party too much ^^

17. wubuseah

wubuseah Regular Member

Procrastination
    isn't it a bit hard to teach english without knowing japanese? do you teach at a private institute or a school? where do you stay (single apartment or sharing or dorm)? how much can you really save while teaching?
    sorry for the questions :eek: , just interested in knowing, cuz i might be thinking about going there to teach (while studying) and get a nice japanese girl lol :D :cool:
    only time i've been to japan is during the 2 hour transit for flights to the US lol
    meanwhile, i've been watching too much japanese anime...:eek:
    also asking for my cousin, she's very interested in japanese culture and wants to major in that in university, but she can't really afford to do that, but if she can teach and study at the same time in japan she might be able to do what she's interested in...instead of doing economics :)