Shuttlecock distributors

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by ahtan, May 23, 2004.

1. ahtan

ahtan Regular Member

Employee
    Anyone knows where to get a shuttlercock distributor in Malaysia?

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Did you mean how to be a distributor??:confused:

I guess you can just contact the company's local rep.....

3. ahtan

ahtan Regular Member

Employee
    As our group play badminton 5 days a week, we use up a lot of shuttercocks, so we r trying to buy in bulk from distributors in Malaysia as we think it would be much cheaper :) Or is there anyone knows which shop give the best price :) thks

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Inskysport in Hong Kong ships shuttlecocks to Malaysia. I think they sell to a few importers. You can email them at inskysport@yahoo.com.hk and ask them for the Malaysian importers' contact address and 'phone no. If your requirements are large enough, you can ask Inskysport to ship to you.

5. benben

benben Regular Member

Programmer
    Not distributor but I sell ..

Hi ahtan, I sell racquets, shuttles and strings in msia .. have pmed you :)

6. ahtan

ahtan Regular Member

Employee
    Thks benben & taneepak,

I m pmed u benben.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I doubt a distributor is allowed to sell stuff u privately, if there's other authorized distributor / dealers in ur area.

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Not true in Hong Kong for shuttlecocks. Most of the shuttles are made in China for OEMs under a thousand and one names. You can get a black label Aeroplane quality shuttle under another OEM brand, even your own if you know how to source them in China. Most OEMs will sell to anyone at competitive prices provided you use the shuttles for your own use and do not resell to others below a certain price level, as they do not wish to have any backlash from their sports stores outlet. I used to buy RSL No. 1 Tourney and Classic from Inskysport and sent some small quantity to Malaysia as well as to some of my friends in Hong Kong, but there were complaints from some stores. I do not now do this, but I still get my shuttles at incredibly low prices, although they are strictly for my own use.

9. ahtan

ahtan Regular Member

Employee
    Won't the shipping cost more than the shuttle if u sent it to malaysia? How much is the shipping cost & shuttle price? May be i should order from u too :D:D

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Sorry, I cannot help you as they are for my own personal use. If I were to sell you any shuttles I might lose my cheap source of shuttle supplies. I hope you understand. Why don't you try to get a qoute from inskysport@yahoo.com.hk for a box (carton of 50 tubes) of shuttles to get a feel of prices delivered to Malaysia? Of course more boxes will be cheaper, at least freight-wise. You can then compare with the lowest prices of your other sources. This is a free market. You aim is to get the lowest price for the same product. You can only achieve this if you look around.

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    I think it will be better if you can get straight from the manufacturer. If you say you used up alot , how much is alot. But for few hundred tubes , i think there is one supplier in Johor who supplies ProAce shuttles. I don't have their address , but i think it local suppliers in Msia can help you. Don't go to the retail shops.

12. ahtan

ahtan Regular Member

Employee

We are using average about 15 tubes a month. One local distributor / exportor in Penang told us that the min order is 2000 tube!! :p

13. bryanng

bryanng Regular Member

ahtan, ur group seem to have very low utilization on shuttlecock.....15 tubes for a month with 5 days per week, my group used 2 tubes in 2 hrs session......those shuttlecocks r protech, gosen gold, sealion tournament and rsl classic...

found out that shuttlecock quality depend on batch production...some of them r really bad in durability....

ahtan, what's ur daily use shuttlecock....u seem having a lot of time to play badminton....5 times per week...not bad!

14. ahtan

ahtan Regular Member

Employee

15. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Quality of shuttlecocks is not consistent and you do get an odd batch that is not as good as you expect. Now, if you were to order 2,000 tubes which turn out to be bad, how do you get them replaced? In Hong Kong, if you buy a tube or two of shuttles from a sports store which turn out to be bad, you cannot get any redress. But if you buy 50 to a 100 tubes from a Hong Kong OEM, which is the minimum they will sell, they will replace the shuttles if the batch you receive is of poor quality. I doubt this applies to exports.
    Please remember Hong Kong OEMs who deal in shuttles do not buy shuttlecocks from China that come with a branded label. All shuttles come with blank tubes and without any identifiable label on the shuttle. Shuttles come in various grades, which you cannot identify. Only the OEMs can distinguish the different grades, as they all look the same looking at the non-labelled tubes. The OEMs then wrap the various labels on the tubes and affix those round postage stamp-sized labels on each shuttle before finally sealing off each tube with cling-wrap. One way of getting lower shuttle prices is to pick the grade and buy whatever quantity you want without labels on the tube and on the shuttle. This is great if you buy them for your own use, but nobody will touch them if you attempt to sell them.
    There is an element of trust in this business. It is possible to find one box of 50 tubes out of 20 boxes of 1,000 tubes shipment of RSL Classic (top model) to be RSL No. 1 Tourney (2nd grade).

16. liverpool

liverpool Regular Member

You will not save much Mr. Tan...prices are very competitive in the market. By the way are u in Kuala Lumpur.....Like to donate the used shuttles for school children training? I am Mr. Lee Tel: 03-20930385.

If u r interested in RSL shuttle I might be able to help.

17. kar hwooi

kar hwooi Regular Member

ENGINEER
    ? I am Mr. Lee Tel: 03-20930385.

If u r interested in RSL shuttle I might be able to help.[/QUOTE]
    how much u can get for RSL for around 20 tubes in one receipt ?
    willing to send over to UK?

18. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    I also use RSL for a few months and we all think quite good. We don't like shuttles fly too fast, like Protech materpiece and classic. Other friends also want to try it.

But which is better? RSL classic or RSL Tourney? A few grades in RSL Tourney? Which one is RSL golden? How much I can get if I buy 20 tubes or even 50 tubes a time? I use one week at least 5 tubes. One court, 2 hours, need one tube of RSL Tourney 1 now. Many thanks. ;)

19. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Is possible to get contact of this supplier in Johor? I can consider to buy large qty like 100 or 200 tubes from the supplier. I use 20 tubes a month easily. My friend also can use 20 tubes a month. :D

20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    It's 'shuttlecock'... not 'shuttercock'.
    The thread's title has been corrected.