Yonex Bg's Strings

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by MonarchPryde, May 23, 2004.

1. MonarchPryde

MonarchPryde Regular Member

Student In High School
    I was wondering what kind of strings i should get for my Ti-Swing Power SS. I am considering the following Yonex strings Bg- 70, bg 68 TI, or the BG-85. I would them strung at around 21-23lbs not sure yet. Currently i have my racket strung with BG 65TI at 20 lbs but its pretty much broken in. i had it on since X-mas of 2003 when i got it. Let me tell you a little about how i play. I play Men's doubles. I play Defence a lot and mkaing the right shots for my partner to smash at them. I have a bad smash cuz it goes liek a fast drive but i do have control. So Can someone please tell me their ideas about what strings i should get and at what tensions they recromend? Thanks a lot :)

#1 MonarchPryde, May 23, 2004
    Last edited: May 23, 2004
  2. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    If you want control and don't mind paying for expensive strings, go with the BG85. ;)

3. MonarchPryde

Student In High School
    Bg 85 Eh? At what tenstion you think i should have them at?What do the Bh 85 really do (control, lasting, strengh?)? And is there a real difference between the Bg 85 and 68Ti?

4. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    You will be finding more information on BG68TI, 70pro, and 85 by using "search" fuction.

5. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    or you can go to the reviews section..............you'll find all of your lifes most important question ansered in there!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    BG85 is known for its control and all around play. With my own expereince, 22 lb of BG85 should be able to last me for about a month (60 hrs), compare to BG65ti (23-24lb) and last for about 2 months (120 hrs). My strokes are not that powerful, though.

Durability and price are the major drawbacks for BG85.

7. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    BG 66 my friend, BG 66, strung at 25lbs will produce the sweet sound with proper technique :p, plus excellent control, works well with my MP 23 :D

8. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction

Yeah for at least .......a week, then it snaps!!!

9. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

mmm.

Seriously, I'd really like to know how hard you guys hit. My BG66 strung on all my racquets at 25 lbs tension even on my carb 8600 light with its rating only for 18 pounds does not snap! and lasts until my next restringing when I 'feel' like it.....

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    It depends on what your stringers callibration is.

I use 30lbs on my machine here in uk, but when I went to China I asked for 26lbs, and it was much harder than I was used to, even though it was asummed to be 4lbs less.

11. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

mmm ic,

Anyways BG 66 give it a go, its my top pick :cool:

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If that's the case, it's a bonus for u. Good performance + good durability = good deal. ;)

13. MonarchPryde

Student In High School
    Thanks for all the help guys! WEll i was reading the pasted fourms and i found many on the BG 85. I see that it is a defencive type of strings? And now i am concludign to get the BG 85 or BG 70. But i heard taht BG 85 do not last that long and is pricey. But i thought about it since i do not have a strong smash would it last longer? Everyone who had the BG 85 stings they say they lost in hours! But they also mentioned they are Hard Smashers. So can somoene tell me if its a good idea to get the BG 85 strung at 22lbs on an TI swingpower SS for a defencive type of player. Thanks again! :)

14. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I use BG85 on my Cab30ms @ 22lb. It lasts me about 1 month, but I play 15+ hrs a week. I am not a hard smasher, but not too weak, either (hopefully :rolleyes: ).

15. pentium4

pentium4 Regular Member

Student
    well if you want durability take Bg65ti, lasts 6+ months for me

16. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    I just want to know how is BG-65 compare to other high repulsion strings(BG-85, BG-68Ti...etc)?

I have been using BG-85 for the past. It usually breaks in every 2 months when I play 15hrs/week. BG-85 feels very power in high tension. But I lose power when the tension goes low.

How is BG-65? I know it is very durable. But on the site, the repulsion is sooo low. Which means I need a lot of power to hit it far and fast? What if I string it @ 23lbs???

I just strung one of my racquets with BG-65Ti recently @ 23lbs. And it feels very powerful(little bit powerful than BG-85), but lack of control. Have any of you people used both BG-65 and BG-65Ti or BG-85? Does BG-65 really that bad on Repulsion???

Thank you!

17. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    James,

Do you remember the type of stringing machine used to string your racquet in China? Is a hand crack and with side supports? type of head and throat mount? Stringing method: main tension vs cross tension? What string was used?

18. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Hand crank. NOt sure about the side supports or the throat, but had 8 points (12, 6, 3, 9, 2, 4, 7, 11 o'clock).

In BG-65 (actually a much harder string than was used to, but I still think was higher tension)

One string method.

19. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

This is a great site, full of badminton enthusiasts and their extensive knowledge and expertise. But you should remember that most of the people here are tech-heads too :D They will endlessly debate the pros and cons of different strings, but this debate is a relatively poor guide to choosing a string for you.

If you look through the reviews and forum posts in detail, you will find that for nearly every (Yonex) string there are some people who love it and some who hate it. Sadly, the only way to know what's good for you is to try the string.

The only truly objective information on this site about strings is their durability. All other judgements (power, control, "feel", hitting sound...) are very much dependent on the individual.

My advice, therefore, is this: try BG65, because if you like it then you will save a lot of money on restrings compared to BG85. There are many people here, including me, who think that BG65 is pretty similar to BG85 in terms of power, control etc.