at800DE 3u or 4u?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by soodxn, May 24, 2004.

1. soodxn

soodxn Regular Member

ive been waiting for weeks for my shop to get the new armortec800 defensives, and they just arrived today however they only have the 4u versions. should i just order the 4u because i have no idea when the 3u's will come if at all.

i am a mens doubles player. i like light rackets, all my rackets have been 3u and ive been fairly comforatble with their weight. i have an average smash and a average smash lift return, so i was wondering if theres even that big of a difference between a 4u and a 3u. will my smash be noticably weaker with a 4u opposed to 3u? or is the 4u speed worth it over 3u.

thanks

2. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Some people smash stronger with a Lighter racquet. My suggestion is to try someone 4U racquet and make a choice after that^^

3. crazy_smasher

crazy_smasher Regular Member

i say "3U".

i guess those armortecs 800, 700 used by PROs are all 3U, correct????
    Same for Peter Gade, his Mp88 is 3U i guess?

Anyone can confirm?

4. kukula

kukula Regular Member

businessman
    I remember reading somewhere in this forum that the 3u is more stable than the 4u, at least as AT800 goes. I use the 3uG4 in both the OF and DE myself and they are good. They are very light rackets, I fear that the 4u versions might be too light :rolleyes: Anyway I say check it out first. These are very expensive rackets and you would want to be more careful before shelling out your hard earned cash :p

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Taufit uses a 4U AT700, strung at 32lbs.