2015 Yonex-Sunrise INDONESIAN Masters : Qualification to FINALS (1st-6th December)

Discussion in 'Scottish Open / YONEX RIO GP / Yonex Sunrise Indon' started by CLELY, Nov 30, 2015.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue
    : Gedung Graha Cakrawala, Malang-INA

Total prize-money : US$120,000

Tournament prospectus : http://www.bwfbadminton.org/file.aspx?id=677008&dl=1

Daily Schedule/Result/LiveScore : https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament.aspx?id=4A8A3A43-948B-46F8-8C90-C1B980DE6179

BWF YouTube channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/bwf

Alternative streaming :
    -
    https://livestream.com/bwfbadminton
    - http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/v...%96f%E2%84%96f

Malang time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=14791&forma=Find%20Time

2014 WINNERS => http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/s...435880-97B8-47E4-B42B-1C14D11C3A94&d=20140914

MS - H.S. Prannoy (IND)
    WS - Adriyanti Firdasari (INA)
    MD - Markus Fernaldi Gideon/Markis Kido (INA)
    WD - Vita Marissa/Shendy Puspa Irawati (INA)
    XD - Riky Widianto/Richi Puspita Dili (INA)

Home A-listers ready to soar in Malang

The last installment of BWF Grand Prix Gold series in this year calendar will kick off tomorrow in Malang, one of famous city in East Java Province beside its capital Surabaya. Some notable names who qualified to Dubai next week also playing here, Srikanth Kidambi, Ahsan/Setiawan, Chai B/Hong W, Maheswari/Polii, Ahmad/Natsir, Jordan/Susanto. The challenge is on for home shuttlers to realize clean sweep as host Indonesia never did this feat since inaugural edition back to 2010.

Both Indian Men’s singles players, top-seed Srikanth Kidambi and defending champion H.S.Prannoy will be the major threat for top ranked Indonesian player who represented by Tommy Sugiarto and four most promising youngsters, Ihsan Maulana Mustofa, Jonatan Christie, Anthony Ginting and last year runner-up Firman Abdul Kholik. Newly-crowned Macau Open winner Jeon Hyeok Jin will pose dangerous darkhorse and may steal the spotlight once again. China brings back-up and juniors like Qiao Bin, Huang Yuxiang, Lin Guipu and Shi Yuqi who still seek to create breakthrough of their badminton career.

Indian two times world championships bronze medalist, P.V. Sindhu will be highly favoured to bag back to back triumphant after she succeeded to defend Macau Open title last Sunday. Two local hopefuls Lindaweni Fanetri and Maria Febe Kusumastuti are expected to shift their flopped performance lately into good outcome here. Foreign upcoming shuttlers that participate in this event, Kim Hyo Min, He Bingjiao, Chen Yufei, Liang Xiaoyu. Tough opening round for last year champion Adriyanti Firdasari to repeat her successful as she once again will take on Chinese teenager Chen YF after Macau Open last week.

In the absence of all elite men’s doubles pairs, the reigning World Champion Ahsan/Setiawan should have no problem to pass preliminary rounds and they’re slated to meet European champion Ivanov/Sozonov. China number two and second seed Chai B/Hong W will find real test started from last eight, high possibility defending champion Gideon/Sukamuljo while their younger compatriot Li JH/Liu YC has quarterfinal scenario to oppose Indonesian second best pair, Pratama/Suwardi.

Lack of participant in women’s doubles category, Maheswari/Polii will be the front-runner alongside with Chinese junior-senior partnerships, Tang Yuanting/Yu Yang. Tang/Yu have collected two titles so far in this year, Bitburger Grand Prix Gold and China Open Premier also runner-up in Hong Kong Open recently, such an impressive achievement for this relatively new combination. Another two familiar names who fill the draw are two Malaysian pairs, recent SEA Games gold medalist, Anscelly/Soong FC and former champion Vivian Hoo/Woon KW respectively.

A warming up tournament for Indonesian leading mixed doubles pair, Ahmad/Natsir and much-improved Jordan/Susanto toward big match in Dubai Finals. Their biggest obstacle is none but Chinese number four pair Lu Kai/Huang Yaqiong as only five foreign participants to participate among big number of local pairs in this discipline.

Day-1 tournament order of play : Qualifying round (11.00am local time, 4 court) and R/32 Mixed Doubles (04.00pm) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=4A8A3A43-948B-46F8-8C90-C1B980DE6179

For INA viewers, Kompas TV will broadcast LIVE for semifinal (Saturday) and final (Sunday) round.

#1 CLELY, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  2. Scrubs1

Scrubs1 Regular Member

So, I knew that Indonesian Masters will be held in a day or two, but I didn't know it will be held in Malang, not Jakarta.

Just when I was on my work trip to Malang, I realize there were so many badminton players on airport, I saw Linda, Liliyana, and Firdasari and bunch of players I don't recognize.

And as usual, too afraid to ask for a selfie :(

And today, on the restaurant's hotel for breakfast, I saw Firdasari and some INA WD, plus Malaysians squad. Like Goh Jin Wei(?) well not sure it's her face seems familiar for me, Anscelly, and Fie Chong

Weird to see the Malaysians not sitting together tho.

Too bad my schedule won't let me see the games live.

#2 Scrubs1, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  3. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Interesting to see how far K. Srikanth can progress in Indonesia GPG, seeded no.1 and hope he can progress further than first round.

4. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Look like K. Srikanth should have no problem to progress until third round as he will face unknown local players in the first two rounds.

In the third round, he will face either local youngster Firman Abdul Kholik (age 18), Qiao Bin from China or Goh Soon Huat from Malaysia, hope he can survive third round, and if he can survive third round another Indonesian youngster Ihsan Maulana Mustofa (age 20) will be waiting for him in the quarterfinal.

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

What is up with Riky Widianto paired with Annisa Saufika?

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Richi Puspita Dili is playing WD with Rizki Amelia Pradipta...

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I am a great fan of K. Srikanth and I certainly hope he can play well in this coming tournament. But then I am also so used to his first and second round exit in tournaments. I certainly hope that he can go far this time.

Wow just checked the list of participants and found out that it is really full of Indonesian players. I can say 80% of the players are from Indonesia with their best players too. I am sure Indonesia have a high chance to win 5 gold medals here with so many participants.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

With so many participants and if Indonesia don't win any title here, that would only mean MALU MALU oh.

9. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I am interested to see how the veterans like Simon Santoso and Sony DK will perform.

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Riky/Richi partnerships has been ended, their performance looked stagnant and hard to improve.

I believe INA will bag more than 1 title but a clean sweep, it's really challenging task.

Simon Santoso has withdrawn also Hayom Rumbaka as well.

11. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

seems like Tan Kian Meng have to play 3 matches today...

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

But I believe this young energetic 21 year old player can make it.

13. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Tan Kian Meng just made it to the main draw as MD with his partner Low Juan Shen...

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You must be very happy now I guess.

15. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i'll be more happier if he really win this tournament title either as XD or MD...

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes congratulations to Tan Kian Meng for making it to the first round of the MD tournament with his new partner Low Juan Sheng. Thru main factor of winning here is because of Tan Kian Meng. After playing in 2 matches today he needs to play the third match for XD with another new partner Lai Pei Jing. Does he have enough energy and strength to play? I think so.

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Give him more time. This is a new partnership.

18. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    Now as the season ends, Let me thank to for what seem like a million of such threads and updates all year long.

19. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    You should have approached them.

20. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    So WS Putra will make headlines tomorrow.... Another 1st round exit. And let's be honest, even if KS wins this event with this draw, it won't be much of an achivement, given his calibre. He should have skipped it and prepared for Dubai.