CAB20ms, CAB30ms and TI-10. I Need Help!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by neoanderson777, May 26, 2004.

1. neoanderson777

neoanderson777 Regular Member

Hi i'm andy and i need a good decent raquet to replace my Ti-8 (because i has been wif me for quite a while and it has loads of paint tht came off and there is also a lil crack on the shaft of the frame :eek: ), i play 4~5 times a week and around 1~2 hours sessions and i'm 175cm tall and a defensive player either singles or doubles i need a good control racquet and will do some damage whn i'm smashing. i'm more kind of looking at the CAB series like CAB-20 ,CAB20ms, CAB-30ms, Ti or MP series i need a good advice from experts guys, if any one can help me please tell me why tht raquet and the string tht is most prefered on the raquet and also with a the suitable tension and if its a 2U or 3U or 4U and the suitable grip size

One last question What is the difference among the CAB series like among the racquets CAB-(20~25) is it the more the beta or is there a big difference? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Has anyone tried between CAB20ms, CAB30ms and TI-10 and which one do you like the best

Thanks alot experts hehe :cool: :D ;)

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I would recommend the Cab-20 to you since you are looking for a all-around racquets. (Ti and MP racquets are also good in performance, but sometimes it's easy to break them. Cabs just last longer and more stable and solid.)

Also, the cost of the Cab racquet is a lot cheaper than the Ti or MP racquets.
    Since your Ti-8 has lots of chips and wears on the frame, I wouldn't recommend you any MP or Ti racquets because you obviously need something that is durable.

You can try, Cab-20 in 2U, with BG-65 at 22 pounds. Then you can adjust to different strings and different tensions later. BG-65 is more like a base in world of strings.

The differences between Cab 20~25 is the style and weight distributions. Cab-20 is the base racquet among them. Some Cabs are already discountinued, so it would be hard to get them.

3. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    I forgot to mention the grip size :)

This will depend on how big your hands are. Just buy some overgrips and work on the handle, you should be able to find the right size.

4. neoanderson777

hey

What over grips would you recommend like what brand. um i might have to get racquets over at taipei taiwan, where would u recommend me to buy the CAB-series racquets and is the intergrated muscle power frame any good like the CAB-20ms and CAB-30 ms??

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    If you are going to Taiwan for buying Cabs, then your only choice is Cab-20MS because Taiwan don't have Cab20 or Cab30MS due to Yonex's marketing strategy.

The Muscle frame gives you better tensioning on stringing. Other than that, I haven't notice any other major differences.

I visit stores around the NTU and Shi-Lin night market usually, and it's easy to find those stores once you are in the area. They all have big signs.

Overgrips varies. I am using Yonex Super Grap now (A440).

6. neoanderson777

Have anyone tried Cabs 20 or cab30ms or cab20ms is there anymore differences
    and could anyone recommend me other options

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe BlueJeff is the only one I know tried all 3 of them. ;)

Personally, I tried cab20ms (2U) and cab30ms. Overall, both are amazing all around racket. The only problem with cab20ms is i got 2u instead of 3u, which is a bit too heavy for me. Currently using cab30ms, and I think it should fit for ur description, good power, amazing control. ;)

8. neoanderson777

hav you tried cab20 and cab20ms, can anyone compare those two raquets ?? which string do you think has the best responsive sound after whn you hit, because i like the sound and i want it to be crisp is there a particular string pattern for the cab series can anyone suggest

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. I only tried a cab20 for 5 minutes for several swings. It's the original (10+ yrs old) design, and was 2u. As the grip size is way too big for me (the guy wrapped many layers of overgrip on), and the racket is kinda heavy for me. I am not sure if a smaller grip size might make me fell into love with it or not.

2. If u looking for responsive sound, then the string could not be too thick. Therefore, BG66, BG85 might be good choices. However, the major drawback for thin string is the durability.

3. As for yonex, there's only special partterns for really old models (Aetous series) or really new one (AT800). Most of the cab, Ti, MP, etc follow standard 22*22 pattern.

10. neoanderson777

what is the difference in control /power / most suitable for singles or doubles/accuracy in smashes??? for the rackets cab20ms and cab30ms and cab20 and what will u guys rate those rackets

11. shiriblue

shiriblue Regular Member

Student
    cab20ms i used for singles game because it gave me just a little more power over everything you mentioned above. since it was 2u, i couldn't exactly use it for a long time especially after going from a singles match to a doubles match. it also gives decent smashes and good accuracy.

cab30ms, i use primarily for doubles. its light and manuverable. in my opinion, it is somewhat flexable, especailly on a smash, but still provides enough power overall. control on the this racket is pretty good because i can hit it where i want to with ease.

cab20 i didnt like very much. peticularly because it felt really really heavy and i couldn't generate much power with it. but thats just me. you might like it.

12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    With my limited experience, if u really ask me to rank the 3 rackets in order from offensive down to defensive, I will say, cab20ms is more offensive (stiff shaft, higher potential to generate power, if u can utlized it), cab20 should be all around, and cab30ms is a bit more toward defensive (very quick and clear swings). :rolleyes:

13. neoanderson777

um i've got a cab 21 TW and its a 3u and i just want to know the difference in hitting wif a cab 21 and a cab 20.

i think i'm more of a defensive player and i need extremely accurate clears and placement smashes (more of a smash but not so much power and jst place it on the side lines ) and i also need a faster swing
    which is more suitable

14. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist

As Dill pointed out, Cab 21 minus Cab 20 ... Cab 1.

So the difference is about a Cab ... more or less.

-dave

15. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    You need to do a search before you post those questions which have been discussed before. I believe we have talked enough about Cab20 and 21

16. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    If this is the case, I strongly rec. Cab30ms within ur list. ;)

17. neoanderson777

How would you rate among the
    Cab 20 JP
    Cab 23 JP
    Cab 20ms JP
    Cab 30ms JP

Singles --------------------------------------- Doubles

Attack --------------------------------------- Defence

Explosive (Fast Smashes) --------------------- Control (Accurate)

Because i need to order racquets from japan
    so i need to decide asap with those cabs

18. herovc

herovc Regular Member

w/ top = more toward attack,
    bottom = more toward defense,
    right = single,
    left = double

vc

Attached Files:

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Cab30ms is more suitable for singles and more offensive than cab20ms??? :confused:

I doubt how accurate is this chat, well, at least for me. :rolleyes:

20. herovc

herovc Regular Member

i got this chart right off the official yonex japan website.... so its gotta be accurate, right?!! I think bluejeff has post a chart list similar to this in the past, too. Let me c if I could find it or if jeff could post it again.

vc