TV live broadcast

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by New_Guy04, May 26, 2004.

1. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

i'm living in canada, and i want to view badminton during the olympics 'live'. which channels are availiable and if not, are there any other ways to watch it?

ex. ch 3 CBC??

2. Kitty

Kitty Regular Member

3. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

The schedule shown on the website is probably not the broadcast schedule. I wonder where I can find that from different networks?

4. peace

peace Regular Member

Tv Live Broadcasting

I have the similar question as New_Guy 04, but I live in Nederland (Holland). I also really want to watch the badminton match in Olympics. Which channel is available for me to watch it "live" in TV in Holland ? Please tell me. I really want to watch it. Thank you so much :)

5. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze
    wat about Singapore??? :rolleyes:

6. peace

peace Regular Member

Hi !! Have any of you known about the TV Channel in Holland or in Europe which will broadcast the olympic badminton's match. I really want to watch it, especially when my favourite LIN DAN play. :)

Will ESPN or BBC broadcast it "LIVE" ?

How can I know about this one ? Please tell me.

7. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

i'm sorry, but what channel is nbc??? :D

and yeah, i live in vancouver 2

8. peace

peace Regular Member

HI again... Sorry, New_Guy04 I cannot help you about the channel. I want but I can't.

By the way, I need some info from Zax, I read from your post in this forum that you are in Eindhoven Holland. So maybe you can tell me about the TV LIVE Broadcast in Badminton Match. I am really new in Holland, so I don't know much about it. maybe you have known, at what channel we can watch the Badminton Match in the next Olympics in Athens. Are there any channels which we can watch it "LIVE", maybe eurosport, BBC, or ESPN ?
    And also how often will the badminton match will be on TV LIVE Broadcast ? I mean, what tournament usually broadcast in Holland. I have not known much about this, since I have no longer yet stayed in Nederland. I will be thankful if you can tell it. Thanks.

9. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    Sorry Badminton does not get much attention in Holland from the media unfortunately. Dutch channels will only broadcast matches in which Dutch players get far, and still only for a few minutes. Perhaps if Mia reaches semifinal and final, NOS will broadcast a bit of her match.

For the rest, you have to switch to foreign channels. If you are connect to cable you can check German stations for mainly matches involving Germans and the BBC is likely to broadcast some matches of the English.

For any of the top matches, I'm afraid you need to satelite or switch to dedicated sports channels. I haven't found out details about where we can watch live the Olympic badminton matches (the finals for example) on TV. Let me know when you have found out more.

Does anyone know, are there any live broadcasts from Athens on internet-tv?

10. peace

peace Regular Member

Hi Zax, thanks for the info. That's a pity ya... So, how can we watch on the TV ? I don't wanna miss it. By the way, how about ESPN and Eurosport ? And the BBC, will it just broadcast the English player ?

I have found the BBC schedule from the website. I'm sorry that I forget the website address. Later, I will tell you.... BUt I am not sure that it will be broadcasted in Holland too. So far, how can you watch the badminton match in Holland ? Such as ALL ENGLAND, I think it is a great tournament, right ? Is it also not broadcasted in Holland ?

11. Zax

Zax Regular Member

I cannot receive Eurosport or ESPN in my region, it is not in the standard package of my cable company. Perhaps you can receive these channels via satellite (do you have a dish?) or as payed channels, ask your local cable company.

For the All England it's the same, you can be lucky if 'Studio Sport' in Holland will broadcast a couple of minutes highlights, and only of the Dutch players.

The BBC usually covers their own tournament pretty well, but of course mainly (but not exclusively) focuses on the English players.

I hope the IBF will carry through with their online broadcast tests, they are testing a service now at

http://www.worldbadminton.net/Portal/desktopdefault.aspx?tabid=10&ItemID=1520

If you find out how we can get a glimpse of the olympic badminton tournament in the Netherlands, either via TV or internet tv, let me know.

12. peace

peace Regular Member

Hi Zax, thanks. OK I will let you know if I have already known about it. And please tell me also if you have known how can we watch the badminton match in the next olympics.

What do you mean by a dish ? :rolleyes:

So far, how can you watch badminton in Holland, like All England and Thomas or Uber CUp Final, etc. Yeah I know that badminton is not really get attention in most country of Europe. It is almost an Asian sport. So, how can you see the match ?

13. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

As far as i know, Malaysia's TV1 or TV2 is broadcasting the matches starting from the quarter finals... so maybe you guys can watch the live coverage online...(provided you get the chance to log in.. :D )

14. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    TV Schedule

Izzy, could you tell me the time it would be broadcast. Would it probably be at night.

I would be internally grateful to you.

15. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    16 on digital shaw cable

16. Zax

Zax Regular Member

Can we receive NBC in Holland?

17. Zax

Zax Regular Member

What is the URL?

18. AustrianPower

AustrianPower Regular Member

Badminton in Austria (digital!!)

Hi!

If you have an digital-setup-box, you can receive the channel TW1. Its an austrian one with some badminton. For example it will broadcast the Thomas&Uber-Cup-Highlights (Semifinal and Final) on th 31th of July at 20:15 (at least 1 hour).

The channel broadcast WC, EC and some austrian tournaments ("Austrian International, Bundesliga and so on). Cause of the channel is very badminton-friendly, you can get in touch with it trough the following eMail-addresses: redaktion@tw1.at and sport@orf.at . If you tell them, that you will have more badminton on this channel, they will 100% think about it!

The channel is on ASTRA (world-wide trough didital-box)...

All the best!

19. Zax

Zax Regular Member

Thanks for the information, AustrianP!

20. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

2004 Olympics in Athens

Im jus wondering about the Badminton coverage they will have in Canada(West coast) During the Olympics.

And im also wondering, when is it? (the actual dates of Badminton olympic)

I saw one of the old forums saying that NBC will provide over 800 hours of Olympics, another question, what Channel is NBC on cable? is it avalible in Canada? or do i need some super satalite to watch it?

http://www.athens2004.com/athens200...&cid=5f1a470429149f00VgnVCMServer28130b0aRCRD

VERY CONFUSED... ?.? ... So these events are done and over with? or are these jus kinda like "tryouts" for the olympics?