User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwcbro
    Back when I started badminton (seem like only last week! ) all the guys wear those. Back then, almost all ladies wore ankle socks, but no guys. But now I am seeing guys wearing ankle, and even shoe cut
    Whilst I'm with you as to normal socks, and I wear them too, but I have been thinking, just exactly what use is that extra 4 inches of sock? It's extra weight, it makes me sweat more, I roll them down towards my ankle anyway, which means my leg just above the ankle gets really hot, so is there any reason against ankle socks, besides the fact that they look gay ;P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i prefer to wear ankle socks. usually from adidas or nike, leaning more towards adidas socks more than nike. I havent tried the yonex ergo socks, but i saw a pair at the store and it was very intersting how they moved the seams so that they dont disturb the sides of the feet at the toe area so much... however, i only feel that problem with really old, about to die socks, so its ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dun really have "special socks" when playing badminton! i think socks really play an important role during the game. cuz' i've worn a pair of thin socks before and it really, really hurts! it's like my toes are burning or something now it makes me think to buy a good pair of socks j/ for playing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to revive this slightly, I read a magazine today with an advertisements for these:

www.toesocks.co.uk

anybody ever tried them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol...........i have seen people wear them, for normal life. seems quite fun, can actually wiggle your toes if needed

bit thin for badminton tho

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I either wear yonex or oakley socks - - also the thick tennis socks from Nike are ok.. Usually i fold them down as well to give extra cushioning in the heel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonZhang
    bit thin for badminton tho

When I saw the pictures on the website, I thougt that, but it was actually in a tennis magazine, I thin kthey have a sports version.

(By the way I apologise for being treacherous, and reading a tennis magazine-i wasnt intrested in it, I was forced to as there was nothing else to do)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd20
    When I saw the pictures on the website, I thougt that, but it was actually in a tennis magazine, I thin kthey have a sports version.

(By the way I apologise for being treacherous, and reading a tennis magazine-i wasnt intrested in it, I was forced to as there was nothing else to do)

AND YOU'VE JUST BEEN ELECTED A MODERATOR *HORRORS*

-dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to think that socks are just socks... as long as there were nice and thick..
    that changed when I bought some proper socks from nike (dunno what range it is just that it had a tennis court with the swoosh- so I guess its for tennis)..

It had ridges on the arch area which provided additional support and damn that made a difference...
    I usually end up with a pretty sore heel after 2 hours of play but with these new socks, I hardly felt anything...felt like another hour was a possibilty...

anyway, I always go for socks that are just 2-3 inches above the ankle... normal socks look funny with badminon shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck

-dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh! I think Wood_22_Chuck was referring to our new badminton moderator reading tennis magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by altreality
    I used to think that socks are just socks... as long as there were nice and thick..
    that changed when I bought some proper socks from nike (dunno what range it is just that it had a tennis court with the swoosh- so I guess its for tennis)..

It had ridges on the arch area which provided additional support and damn that made a difference...
    I usually end up with a pretty sore heel after 2 hours of play but with these new socks, I hardly felt anything...felt like another hour was a possibilty...

anyway, I always go for socks that are just 2-3 inches above the ankle... normal socks look funny with badminon shoes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck

-dave
    Elected?! Did I miss that poll?! Must have been an autocratic decision!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I chosse Thorlos tennis socks for better durability, while choose Yonex for comfortable and style.

Most of my socks, will tear in a certain position near heel...(After a few times I play badminton or tennis), hate that so much...

Only my Thorlos socks don't tear near heels...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vincenterika
    I chosse Thorlos tennis socks for better durability, while choose Yonex for comfortable and style.

Most of my socks, will tear in a certain position near heel...(After a few times I play badminton or tennis), hate that so much...

Only my Thorlos socks don't tear near heels...
    Yeah mine do that too, just above the heel, I suspect it's because that's where my orthotic ends, but I'm not sure. Basically it means I have 20 pairs of what would be good socks but have a worn area just above the heel on the back of the sock, argh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2