Ge Fei, Gao Ling.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by kwun, May 30, 2001.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    who do you think is the better player? Ge Fei or Gao Ling? both are very fast and smart on the net.

i think Gao Ling is smarter, but Ge Fei has better shots and skills.

2. hm...

hm... Guest

hm...
    I think Ge Fei is so cool that Gao Ling cannot compare. No matter how great Gao Ling would be, (can she achieve more than Ge Fei in the future?), just look at history. Ge Fei lost very few matches in her whole life while Gao Ling already lost too much ;P (only compare to Ge Fei). There is one thing which Ge Fei is better, that is, her instinct for badminton.

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    true. Gao Ling hasn't achieved what Ge/Gu has in WD yet. however, Ge/Gu has been around much longer than Gao/Huang. so perhaps they will mature. i do see the potential in them.

as for XD, Liu/Ge rose and fell really quickly, they peaked for a year or two and never recovered since. we shall see how the Zhang/Gao pairing will do in the near future. (next week? :) )

4. Lao Liu

Lao Liu Guest

Gao Ling is physically a lot stronger than Ge Fei although not sure mentally.

5. May

May Guest

u could go back in GF/GJ's history and juz go through it, then go through GL/Huang's recent history, itz obvious dat GF/GJ is far better. dunno abt the XD.

6. mbelinda

mbelinda Guest

What makes them both great are badminton itself. Agree ???

Each of them had their own advan and disadvan. But from my own point of view after having seen them playing, I think that Ge Fei is whole lot faster to kill the shuttle that letting it fly over the court.

Playing in rubber game doesn't necessary makes a player physically or mentally stronger. It is whether you kill it or let your opponent kill for you.

7. mbelinda

mbelinda Guest

Yes it is said that Lui/Ge rose and win for a very short period. Maybe the coaches thinks that it is better for Ge Fei to concentrate in the WD. Besides she and Gu Jun are the world top pair, and not forgetting that they are the Chinese WD legend players.

Compare Gao and Huang/Yang, did Huang/Yang did well in XD or in WD ???

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i don't believe Yang/Huang Nanyan plays mixed doubles. at least not in the tournaments.

i think Huang Sui had played, but haven't seen it recently.