Gap Year Working and Playing Badminton (Help please??)

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Markostar, May 27, 2004.

1. Markostar

Markostar New Member

Sports Development Officer
    Hi everyone, Im a 23 year-old ex-student of Birmingham University in the UK, I work full-time and play badminton to an ok standard. I am in the top twenty in mens singles in England. I want to experience training abroad in a top 'badminton' country like Malaysia/China/Indonesia and work at the same time. Can anyone put me in contact with a club anywhere that may be able to help me? Please please please?????

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    You can just get any job teaching english in china in a large city, and there will be a sports hall near you, ask around there for a quality coach/team that play locally.

On the website rankings actually you are No.25-and am not sure that classes as National!-yet!(like it says in your profile) ;)

If you want more specific details, I may be able to help you-but maybe not. Email me. pm me for email address if you cant do it from my profile.

#2 jamesd20, May 27, 2004
    Last edited: May 27, 2004
  3. novl

novl Regular Member

Financial Advisor

You know what you should do? Search for a thread with "training camp" in it. I've read several times about training camps in Malaysia and badminton schools in Indonesia on this Website. Unfortunately, I don't remember the thread.