2 Kinds of 10mm Long Size Racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Feng_MP-100, May 27, 2004.

1. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

I just noticed that Yonex Ti-10 is 10mm longer for the shaft while MP-100 is 10mm longer for its grip. Is there any difference between "10mm Long Shaft" and "10mm Long Grip" in terms of performance?

Thank yall!:eek:

2. scchang

scchang Regular Member

Mechanical Engineer
    I would say the difference indeed exists.
    Think in this way. The extra 10mm on the grip mean that you got the same length of frame + shaft as the racker of regular length if you grab at the connection of the grip and cone. Well, if the 10mm were not added on the cone. The 10mm longer shaft means that you have to grab the racket a little bit farther from the top of the frame; that is, you have a bigger coverage. The extra 10mm on the shaft might be useful to create a harder smash for double players since most of them hold rackets pretty short, but there should be no difference for single players since they commonly grab rackets close to the end cap.
    -SC

#2 scchang, May 28, 2004
    Last edited: May 28, 2004
  3. TheGr8One

TheGr8One Regular Member

University Student (CS)
    Fuse Ti 10 and MP100 ;)

Start with the Ti10.
    1. Replace the grip with the one on MP100. This will result in EXTRA Long racket, for better smashes :p
    2. Replace bottom grommets with those of the MP100. It should be better for the string.

I call this Ti 100 :D

4. scchang

scchang Regular Member

Mechanical Engineer
    Those are interesting ideas. However, the first one will result in the violation of rules regarding rackets' length since this actually adds 20mm onto regular rackets. (665+20=685>680.) For the second one, some stringers told me that they are not that fascinated about muscle power frames since the curved surfaces actually make the stringing process a little bit longer.

Well, from other posts, we have seen a lot of AT900...; therefore, i would say someone might be out there to copy your idea to make some Ti-100.

Cheers,
    -SC