Question about shoes ?????

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by neoanderson777, May 29, 2004.

1. neoanderson777

neoanderson777 Regular Member

is ther a big weight difference between volleyball shoes and badminton shoes and will it play a large effect if i use volleyball shoes to play badminton and wht are the advantages or diadvantages while wearing volleyball shoes ???

2. kukula

kukula Regular Member

businessman
    Lots of people use volleyball shoes to play badminton. They perform well, since they are court shoes. I personally use Mizuno volleyball shoes to play badminton and I consider it very good. I also have another pair of Mizuno badminton shoes and personally, I cant say there is a big difference between the two. Hope this helps :D

3. neoanderson777

neoanderson777 Regular Member

um thanks alot i'm planning to buy a mizuno volleyball shoes and i compared the weight and they are about the same but one thing i'm worring about is the traction on the volleyball shoes because the rubber on it is colored and i'm not very sure about the traction on badminton courts

4. registered

registered Regular Member

Royal Bum
    my first pair of shoes was the asics gel alta plus for indoor volleyball, i luved the shoes VERY much... i must say that it was extremely comfortable, well made shoe, then i bought a yonex shoe because i play more badminton then i do volleyball now and i notice that the badminton shoes are lower and wider at the toe area. It may just be my shoe model but i also notice that the volleyball shoes have a slight slant forward and to the center to help your volleyball posture in the 'always lean forward' figure. The Yonex shoes were practically flat. Volleyball shoes are good for beginners i say because it gives you an extra edge to lean forward and give you an extra push if your not very quick. But may be a problem when moving backcourt but i have never had a problem. The only advantage i see in badminton shoes are that they might be lower in the sole and might not last as long. All i have to say is go try a pair of shoes out and if its comfy and light.... they'll break in. g'luck.