LIN DAN's RECORD

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by peace, May 30, 2004.

1. peace

peace Regular Member

Hi... I want to know LIN DAN's record in every tournament he participated. For example in ALL ENGLAND 2004, he won. Any of you can tell or give me about this one, pliz.:) If possible started from his junior carreer. ;) :D

2. HoNgHoNg

HoNgHoNg Regular Member

base in Spore, heart at wherever Lin Dan n Xuanze
    there r some records from www.worldbadminton.net but only for the past 18 mths if i'm not wrong

3. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Lin Dan is a semifinalist in Junior World CH a few years ago beaten by Bao C L who was the winner at that time.

Then he and Bao enter the senior tour at the same time. At the scoring of 7 x 5, Lin Dan played very well and he captured his first title at Korean Open 2002 when he was just 19 and reach rank 2. After that the scoring system turn into 15 x 3 again.

He didn't adapt very well with this scoring at first. He always lost in first or second round by much weaker player. For a year he played unimpressively. From rank 2 he slip out to below rank 40. At 2003, he start to shines when he reach Japan Open, lost to Xia XZ. And he reach the peak when won Denmark O, finalist of German O, won Hong Kong and China Open. This year he won Swiss and All England. The last he was semifinalist in Japan Open and of course he show tremendous mental strength when he played as the first single in Thomas Cup and help his country grab the Thomas Cup.

Cause at first single, you had to become the first one to won so you will help your teammate more easily in next match. The mental pressure was unspeakable. Example: All first single of other countries in Thomas cup had lost at least once except Lin Dan due to the pressure thay had to won including Sonny Dwi K who got lots of help from the supporters when he play against Lin Dan.

So my pick at Olympic in man single still Lin Dan.

4. Matt Ross

Matt Ross Regular Member

Student
    After watching Lin Dan a number of times, i would say he is the best example of a singles player i have ever come across, everything perfect.

I was talking to a mate of mine who played him three years back (yes, that would make Lin Dan 17!) in Germany in a mixed tournament! My friend said to me there wasn't a space on the court you could hit it to, and he couldnt get...impressive or what?