Important! Getting Wong CHoon Hann On board!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by pptam, May 30, 2004.

1. pptam

pptam Regular Member

Senior Executive
    Dear badmintonforum members,

I need your supports in this. To support my letter to BAM to get Wong Choon Hann on Board, I need to know:-

a) how many members in this forum?
    b) How many support this campaign?

Thank you

Hope to get your response :)

TAM

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    as of writing, there are 3875 members in the BF.
    just check the figures at the front page, bottom

3. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    What campaign is this? Re your letter to BAM to get WCH on Board, what is the letter all about? Is it about getting WCH appointed to the board of the BAM and/or IBF, or is it simply to get WCH to contribute to this forum? Or is it a campaign on something else? Can you be a little more specific? :confused:

4. badmad

badmad Regular Member

wow man...
    thats really cool... :D I love it.. wong choon hann on this forum.. unthinkable for me...
    but how would our support help you getting him on this board?

5. Hooked

Hooked Regular Member

I am sure he is busy with training. Don't be so childish. I hate to see that the top 20 players in the world ended up in this forum talking about what racket to buy, what colour grip to use, etc.

Yhos whole forum will turn into a joke!

6. bigmojo

bigmojo Regular Member

I don't find anything childish about PPTAM's suggestion of getting WCH on this forum. His intention was good just that he may have worded it the wrong way. Anyone who knows WCH's email could just send him an open invitation to this forum. No big deal.

Do you mean to say you find this forum to be childish and a joke to boot? Then you shouldn't be here in the first place. How old are you by the way?

Although you may not have intended for your post to be insulting and disrespectful to others on this forum, it sure sounds like it. You are implying that everyone here is an idiot for being on this childish forum which also happens to be a joke.

:mad:

7. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer

wow...you ARE a joker here....JR is the world number one pair...and he's actively in this forum... :D Think twice before you post, dude ;) By the way, I don't see any wrong in discussing the equipment stuff. :cool:

8. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    What is wrong with professional players spending some his/her spare time (like lunch breaks) to surf online and give us some good chats here?
    (If you are thinking a professional player should focus on his training only. But Who trains 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365/366 days a year?? We are humans and we do surf online for jokes and we do go to movies or dates.)

I think getting him in here will be a good idea, especially we have so many fans here :)

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Actually you do not need to submit letter to Bam to let Wong CH join the forum. This is a free world. I will try and ask him to have a look when i go back. He currently is very busy trainning for the olympics.

10. pptam

pptam Regular Member

Senior Executive
    Reflection on your thoughts

My advice to you,

Don't under estimate people ability and suggestion and think the whole idea is a joke.

Sorry got to say this.

"Those who think other ideas is a joke, they are the real fool"

Learn how to accept people opinion please.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    pptam,

thank you very much for your effort and initiative to get WongCH on BF. BF will be very happy to accomidate Wong like we do to Jonas and Thomas. it will be very exciting to have WongCH on board as he is one of the top players in MS.

ants knows a few of the malaysian national players, maybe you guys can join forces to invite him, a double invitation is much more persuasive. :)

as cooler says, there are 3888 members (good number, no? :) ) right now, and it is going up every day.

cheers.

12. Hooked

Hooked Regular Member

This is turnng out to be quite a joke isn't it. :D

You want to write to BAM? Is there a need for this? What if they say no, would this then be followed by a protest note of a few hundred or even thousands of signatures? :D Or maybe do what at some in the press did to the Chinese coach granting interviews only in Mandarin.

Why don't you just get in touch with WCH directly and sound him out and then take it from there, before overwhelming him with a letter.
    What if he only surfs the net once in a bluemoon, or is there a need for anyone to own a pc? Besides there are people who own a pc but only get onto the net for email.

I am not trying to be childish, when I ask if you have consider that this may be impose upon him. But then again, I was reminded that there are a few pros on this forum as well, can I take it then that is is okay :D

13. Hooked

Hooked Regular Member

Exactly my sentiments, there is life outside badminton. :D :D :D

14. Hooked

Hooked Regular Member

No need to be sorry. If you claim it is "important", that at the very least, have the courtesy to state why. You owe it to those who want to give you their support, no?

15. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    invitation

I can write WCH an e-mail to kindly ask if he would like to answer some questions on BF. Can Kwun create a separate high-level thread then, just like for JR?

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    There is no harm writing to BAM.. its worth a try.. its better than not doing anything. At least he is making an initiative to do something good for the forum.

17. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I was confused about the campaign pptam is launching at the beginning. The posting sounds like something was taken away from WCH and pptam tries to launch a petition against BAM...for something.

After following the thread, now it sounds like it is all about INVITING WCH to be an active member of BF. I see, the question I have is why do we need BAM approval for WCH to join? I think it makes more sense to ask members in the forum, who might know WCH, to express our sincere invitation to him to participate in the forum.

18. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Hah, Grasshopper, the correct question to ask is "Why is it important to have WCH on board?". If WCH is not on board, would this forum collapse? There are many pro-players and some of them have been very kind to participate when they get time (e.g. Jonas) and also promote the site with their team mates and others.

19. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    I think it would be great to have Wong Choong Hann on BF. :D

He's a great player with a lot of experience and his views would be very interesting!
    For the moment, we only have European top players with JR and Thomas, so an Asian world class player would be really great!! :D

(I know, I've put "great" in all of my sentences, my english isn't so good sometimes and I lack vocabulary to express my enthusiasm about the idea! ;) )

20. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Totally OT, however interestingly whilst this discouraged in English, and generally western writing styles, repetitive use of adjectives is the norm, or in some cases even encouraged in Chinese writing. This is probably the main reason why I prefer reading Western literature, and that it takes me a tenth, or less of the time to read it ;P