Location Map for cities

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by wilfredlgf, May 31, 2004.

1. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    One way to find out the location of places in cities (for me, KL & PJ) is by getting lost and driving my way out of the mess into the main highways. At the end of the day I am richer in knowledge of directions, but poorer in petrol and toll money.

Thus, looking for new places I refer to the map first.
    Here's a good one that can be zoomed and used as if an interactive map. Covers Singapore, Jakarta, KL, Taiwan, Bangkok.

http://www.streetdirectory.com.sg/index.jsp

I think it can be useful for people outside these cities as to see the general direction of places. On how to get there, locals can help point out the exact landmarks (colour, height, trees etc) as well as the kind of public transport that brings one there.

It can be very useful to locals as well - heck, I don't think there are many people in KL who knows how to navigate the sections and subsections of PJ without getting confused!

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Perhaps we can sticky the links to street maps of the towns and cities in "Places to Play" based on their geographical locations, adding more and more useful ones as they are found.