Muscle pain on non-racket hand?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by kaki!, Jan 26, 2016.

1. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

It's weird. Sometimes after a night of badminton, the muscle on the back side of my left (non-racket) hand below the thumb would hurt, as if it was overused.

Has anyone experienced this? What could possibly cause this?

2. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    Weird. There's a couple situations in which I can think of which would cause this.

1) You accidentally whacked your thumb with your racket while defending with your backhand and you made a desperate reflex shot.
    2) While making a deep lunge or semi-dive, you put landed hard on your hands/fingers with your left hand to support your weight

Is it swollen, red, painful to touch, or constant pain? Or is it more like a muscle ache? Is it stiff to move your thumb or hurts when you try to move it?

As a recurring "injury" obviously something is causing it. Or perhaps it's something related to your job that is causing the overuse of your thumb and completely unrelated to badminton, consider that too.

3. kaki!

kaki! Regular Member

I thought about the semi dive but wouldn't it hurt the palm side (touching the floor) not the back side?
    Actually I don't know. There's no visible injury, yea muscle ache like you said, and hurts when I move the thumb to specific poses and especially when I use it to support my weight (like pushing against the armrests to lift myself up to adjust sitting position).

Didn't think it's my keyboard smashing job though (no, I don't actually smash keyboards, either literally or figuratively), but thank you for the mention, I'll pay attention to that too.

4. toddchaney

toddchaney New Member

It may be due to overstretching your muscles or an accidental hit with the racket to your thumb. Did you consult a doctor?

#4 toddchaney, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016