China man players are handsome but women players are not pretty, do you agree?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by eevonn, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eevonn

eevonn New Member

student
    China man players are handsome but women players are not pretty, do you agree? Give your opinions..Thanks

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    Gong Ruina is the perfect embodiment of 'porcelain-like fair beauty' of Chinese ladies. Zhou Mi's smiles on the court is just so lovely. Xie XingFang is known to have a legion of fans here on BF (including one mighty dude in Bay Area, CA... ;)). Gao Ling's smiling face while in action with her equally cheerful partner Huang Sui is a definite plus point that disguise their potent badminton capabilities.

If those who have emigrated can be taken into account, then Pi Hongyan is definitely not far off the mark to be regarded as pretty.

I guess the problem here is that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A guy may be able to appreciate the beauty of a gal better than a gal could, vice versa.

One good example will be me - I don't think Xia and Lin are that good looking (there will be major debates by fans on this statement here) but I do think Sang Yang and Cai Yun can be considered as good looking.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    my opinion: a dumb statement.
    1. it depends whether you are a man or a woman
    2. it's hard to find handsome women in any country ;) so your comparison is flawed.

Another thread worth closing.
    Because it's criticizing something/someone/some group without having the affected party presence to defend themself.

#3 cooler, Jun 1, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
  4. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    This topic is so stupid! Sounds like you are insulting the Chinese women players! I respect all the badminton players, men and women. I do not really care about how they look. But I know one thing for sure: THEY ALL LOVE BADMINTON just like us! So why don't we stop discussing about who is ugly, who is pretty!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!

5. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Actually handsome by definition can apply to both males and females since it originally meant dextrous. It's just that these days, in common writing handsome is applied to men, or horses, or rewards, etc. so people think it can only be applied to the male gender.

However I agree this is a crudy thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.