Game preparation

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Alex_Xu, Jan 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alex_Xu

Alex_Xu Regular Member

NON
    Hello guys,
    what do you guys do in order to prepare for your games
    how many months do you prepare before hand?

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Normally you should always been prepared for a game. Do you mean league season or a tournament?

For league season, it's important to do low to mid weight training and cardio to loose a bit fat and gain a bit more muscles. You should do this 3-6 month before. You should also live healthy. Maybe quit smoking, don't drink much alcohol etc. Work on your coordination with a agility ladder and try out a different kind of sports. Don't play too much and train (footwork, technique etc.) more instead of pure playing. Eat and drink enough, but avoid fast food and soft drinks.

For a tournament you won't have much time for preparation. Mostly just a few weeks if you play regular. You should eat, drink and sleep enough. Don't train and play too much. Eat healthy food and have great days before to go for it with a good and joyful mindset. Do some cardio and if you have time go to the gym. Try to play with your partner or mostly play against stronger opponents at your club. 2 days before the tournament, don't do anything intense. I avoid playing badminton etc. to be well recovered. The day before the tournament you should eat enough but nothing heavy. Also drink enough, prepare your bag and let your rackets strung and change the grips.

If you are player with passion, sporty and have a healthy lifestyle, it is enough to be prepared. Just be well hydrated, relaxed and recovered.

3. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

i think there is only 2 ways: you either want to improve in general, so you train a lot week in and week out: then the preparation would be to take it easy the days before the matches
    i eat loads of pasta the day before the matches to have enough energy stored and try to rest my body 2-3 days before the event

or you play casually for fun: then i guess most people want to get into acceptable shape...some running and hitting the shuttle to get feel back if didnt play a lot the last weeks and months

I dont think you can prepare for months for a specific event...why would i train for a single event?! and then stop?!

its another thing if youre a professional obv.
    then you want to be at your absolute peak of the year for the chosen event and have to plan your daily training longtime
    but i guess a professional would not ask here