User Tag List

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 69 to 85 of 324
  1. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,990
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like Sony. He is quick, and strong and deceptive. He also plays like a gentleman. For example he didn't react to Andrew Smith''s antics in the Thomas Cup quarterfinals.
    But he is so frustrating to watch because he doesn't have that killer instinct...he lets games and matches get away from him. He seems to play his best once he's down 7 or 8 points. And in that maddening way, he is exactly like me. (but my legs are nicer)

  2. #70
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fidget View Post
    I like Sony. He is quick, and strong and deceptive. He also plays like a gentleman. For example he didn't react to Andrew Smith''s antics in the Thomas Cup quarterfinals.
    But he is so frustrating to watch because he doesn't have that killer instinct...he lets games and matches get away from him. He seems to play his best once he's down 7 or 8 points. And in that maddening way, he is exactly like me. (but my legs are nicer)
    plse share pics

  3. #71
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,990
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    plse share pics
    for my wife's eyes only

  4. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    84
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i hope sony will go to final badminton indonesia super series 2008, because he always fail if fight with china or korea.

  5. #73
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simonlovers View Post
    i think he is no 1....and than taufik...and than simon...
    Sony is number 1 badminton player in Indonesia although he is better than Taufik and Simon but he is the number 6 at BWF

  6. #74
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mrs Kuncoro, where do you live? Are you Indonesian?? I really want to know about your crazy to Sony Because I adore him too.. lol..

  7. #75
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Indonesia_HOT JKT
    Posts
    187
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Sony is gonna get Married

    NoVA (Tabloid)... he's gonna end his single life in the end of this year.... sorry to say.... it's one of the reason that blur him in court (lack of concentrate)...

  8. #76
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dy_e4ia_TUC View Post
    NoVA (Tabloid)... he's gonna end his single life in the end of this year.... sorry to say.... it's one of the reason that blur him in court (lack of concentrate)...
    when??? and with who???

  9. #77
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Watching Sony play, it seems there's a distinct shyness in both the player and his game. If not, a player of his speed, physique, power and skills would not be languishing on a bottom rung.

    His lack of remarkable successes is all the more bewildering when you consider that his coach is the inimitable and wonderfully clever Hendrawan!

    Fidget has the point when he says Sony lacks the killer instinct.
    Maybe he needs to lose his cool and throw a few racquets around.
    You never know... that might just be the key

  10. #78
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    22,181
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Maybe he needs to lose his cool and throw a few racquets around.
    You never know... that might just be the key
    oldhand mean that why someone can become a twice wc ms champion???...

  11. #79
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,990
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It is interesting how one can train a powerful physique, teach all the skills, yet still not be able to inculcate that sustained power-of-will required to take the ultimate step to greatness.

    Lin Dan is probably unequaled in that drive to suceed. Obviously he has his lapses. But the reason he is #1 is because he is 'hungrier' than anyone else of equal physical and tactical skill.

    The question for coaches and psychologists is: can this be taught or do you have to be born with it?
    It is doubtful that it can be taught....just think of retired players (in any sport) who had a Lin Dan-mind, or Taufik-creativity, yet made mediocre coaches.

    So, for poor beloved Sony? Sorry, you are probably just too nice to be great.

  12. #80
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    when??? and with who???
    His girlfriend is from surabaya....the wedding is not a sure thing yet...
    Sony has bulit a house next to Cipayung...training centre...

  13. #81
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldhand View Post
    Watching Sony play, it seems there's a distinct shyness in both the player and his game. If not, a player of his speed, physique, power and skills would not be languishing on a bottom rung.

    His lack of remarkable successes is all the more bewildering when you consider that his coach is the inimitable and wonderfully clever Hendrawan!

    Fidget has the point when he says Sony lacks the killer instinct.
    Maybe he needs to lose his cool and throw a few racquets around.
    You never know... that might just be the key
    Cant change him.....

  14. #82
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,446
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dy_e4ia_TUC View Post
    NoVA (Tabloid)... he's gonna end his single life in the end of this year.... sorry to say.... it's one of the reason that blur him in court (lack of concentrate)...
    According to Sony..it was rumour........but he indeed has a girlfriend

  15. #83
    Moderator Oldhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    7,332
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default The Hendrawan Effect

    It'd be sad, unfair and wrong to blame Sony's weaknesses on Hendrawan.

    In his prime, Hendrawan was a supremely dignified sportsman, always on his best behaviour whether on court or off it (he still maintains that dignity). But he certainly had a champion's instinct... one that enabled him to wrest big titles from more gifted players.

    In many ways, Hendra Setiawan's demeanour mirrors that of Hendrawan.
    The overall calmness, the lightning pounces and the unfurrowed brow... on a closer look, it's clear that Setiawan is whatever Sony is not!

    It's fascinating what Fidget and huangkwokhau say.
    Sony has it... but, yet, doesn't have it!

  16. #84
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Basement Boiler Room
    Posts
    22,118
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    O.T.

    what is hendrawan last name?

  17. #85
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    60
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    from watching sony play over the past years it still does seem he has the game to trouble the top players....but agreed that killer instinct is lacking..personally id like to see him attack more

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sony Dwi Kuncoro lost his baby...
    By pejantan in forum Indonesia Professional Players
    Replies: 15
    : 04-13-2010, 11:45 AM
  2. What happened to Sony Dwi Kuncoro?
    By prince_user in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 23
    : 09-29-2008, 10:38 AM
  3. Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    By hendrawanfan in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 0
    : 10-01-2007, 08:44 AM
  4. Tribute to Sony Kuncoro
    By Loh in forum World Championships 2007
    Replies: 7
    : 09-03-2007, 02:12 AM
  5. sony dwi kuncoro
    By taufik-ist in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 8
    : 06-22-2006, 08:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •