Ideal replacement for broken Nanospeed 7000

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Leesy, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Leesy

Leesy New Member

Marketing
    Hi, Ive been playing for 30+ years and unfortunately broke my trusty Carbonite Cab 20 about 5 years ago. Lasted me decades! Replaced it with a Nanospeed 7000 which Ive found to be really great at defending (very light and responsive) although not so great at smashes due to a lack of power.

Unfortunately last night that racket broke so I need a new one. Have read loads of info on here but there are just so many rackets out there I'm no closer to decided what to buy.

So was just wondering what other people on here thought/recommend? Budget is up to £100.

Thanks in advance!

2. Leesy

Leesy New Member

Marketing
    Hi all. After studying the heck out of this forum I opted for a Victor bravesword 09n. Playing first game with it tomorrow so fingers crossed!

3. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Keep us posted Leesy, i am looking over my shoulders at options too,
    Victor interests me a great deal looking to change from Yonex.

4. Leesy

Leesy New Member

Marketing
    hi @andy. Well I can report that after my first night playing with the Victor Im overall very pleased. It is really well balanced, in fact not too dissimilar to the Yonex Nanospeed I had previously. However, it is without doubt much quicker through the air so reaction shots are much better controlled as I had more time to get the racket in place than with the NS. I know we're talking thousands of a second here but marginal gains count for everything right?! Smashes were also more precise although not necessarily any more powerful. Took me a good few games to get fully used to the new racket at the net and short little stabs to play a net drop shot were difficult at first as I got used to the weight and balance and feeling of the new racket.

So overall Im really pleased with the Victor. One distinct pleasure is that nobody else I know or who plays in the same place as I do has a Victor so I feel quite smug. There's loads of Yonex and the odd Babolat and Wilson but no Victor. In fact a few other players said they had never heard of them before!

Cheers!
    Leesy.

5. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Ji Leesy,

Thanks for your input, good to know you feel the difference as i have with a Voltric 60,
    i never thought i would feel a marked difference after switching from a Carbo 21,
    i have adjusted to it with advice from here and it is better but still the jurys out,
    funny about your most used rackets, in my club it's the same, Yonex, Wilson and Babolat.....no Victor. :)

Can i thread drift a bit, i notice a few sellers on here selling Victor JS10's with no international postage option,
    can someone from Malaysia and Singapore answer the reasoning behind that?,
    i find sellers for stuff in Hong Kong tend to send abroad. :confused:

#5 Suilven, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016