Pro's Pro Shuttle Express....Mounting Racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by z3r0c00l, Feb 6, 2016.

1. z3r0c00l

z3r0c00l New Member

Hi guys, just received my Shuttle express, however I have a feeling I may have the "Friday Afternoon" one :(

I've assembled it and went to mount my racquet....still strung just to get a feel for the mounting! however the side support "jaws" don't seem to open out far enough to be able to fit all 4 side supports. I've tried turning the knobs as hard as I can, but still can't open any further.....am I doing something wrong?

Attached are a few pics showing the top down view over the mounting holes, should there be such a variation on positioning?

Help!!!!

Optimized-left.jpg

Optimized-right.jpg

2. z3r0c00l

z3r0c00l New Member

A few more pics, with the clamps "fitted"

Optimized-20160206_125838.jpg Optimized-20160206_125849.jpg Optimized-top.jpg

3. emjay

emjay Regular Member

IT minion
    You need to move the two main posts further out. The frame should end up resting on the inside edges of those rubber pads

4. z3r0c00l

z3r0c00l New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even adjusted to the very end of the turntable bar it doesn't want to sit well. Plus I'm not sure if it would be well supported by the 6&12 o'clock mounts then!

5. z3r0c00l

z3r0c00l New Member

After a conversation with the retailer it was decided that the adjustment screws were too long and needed trimming back. 10 mins with the dremal and the problem's fixed :)

First racquet strung in just under 2 hours!

[​IMG]

6. mikomi

mikomi Regular Member

Foreman, Slacker
    Congrats on the new machine. I have the same one, except it's Fleet branded.

7. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    One thing i would recommend with the PP shuttle is to ditch the screw down mounts and just go with suspension, and while you're at it put something a little softer over the 12/6 mounting posts. I found the metal posts would damage frames slightly, and screwing the racket down would twist the frame unless the mounting posts were perfectly aligned (which is not likely with Pro's Pro).

I got some adhesive lined heatshrink and the tail of a zip/cable tie inside it. Shrunk down the inner part (that contacts the racket) has a more square edge so a bigger contact point, although for the most part i use load-spreaders (which sit much better on the heatshrink than on the round metal post).

Something else i did was to take the towers off completely and reverse them, so the rounded edge is on the inside, which lets the screw nut for the 12/6 mounts screw onto a flat area rather than curved. The top part (that the arms attach on to) comes off with iirc 4 screws under the rubber mat and will go back on 180 degrees.