Yonex Aeroclub Series???

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by baddycaddy, Feb 8, 2016.

1. baddycaddy

baddycaddy Regular Member

Hello BadmintonCentral!

I recently got interested in buying Shuttlecocks, and here in Germany, they are really very expensive indeed. So I set out on my quest to find affordable shuttlecocks that are still playable and stumbled on the Aeroclub Series. From what I understand, the Aeroclub series are made of duck feathers, like the Aerosensa 1,2,3,5,7,9(only available in Asia?) and Aerosensa 10,20.

The Line of Aeroclub shuttlecocks are as follows:

Aeroclub 03
    Aeroclub TR
    Aeroclub TM
    Aeroclub TF

And in UK sites I have found
    Aeroclub 03
    Aeroclub 05
    Aeroclub 07
    Aeroclub TR

And now my question to you guys: Anyone has any experience with these birdies from this series? How does it compare to Aerosensa 1,3,5,7,9 or even aerosensa 10,20? What is the order in quality(and therefore price) in this series?

2. baddycaddy

No one has any experience with these?

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hallo baddycaddy.

I played with Aeroclub 03,05 and TR a few years back. IMO you can skip them. Nearly all cheap shuttles (under 17-18€) are rubbish.
    The Babolat Aeroflex Series was pretty decent and a great bang for the buck, aber laut meinem Verband nicht zugelassen. Außerdem sind die mittlerweile schwer zu finden.
    I tried the Babolat Feather 1 but was not impressed much.

Aren't you member of a club? Most clubs have great deals or sponsorships and can offer them much cheaper. AFAIK you don't get a real decent price if you buy only 50-100 tubes without a contract. Maybe you can explain your situation to find a great solution for you. Verbandsangabe wäre auch nicht schlecht, wenn die Bälle zugelassen sein müssen.

BTW: Billige Bälle sind oft eine schlechte Rechnung. Klar die Rolle ist günstiger, aber wenn man dann 5-6 Bälle für ein Spiel verbrät, statt 2-3 hochwertige Bälle, dann bringt es auch nicht viel, wenn die Günstigen nur die Hälfte kosten. Die Kosten bleiben in etwa gleich hoch, wobei ich dazu tendieren würde, dass teurere Bälle auf Masse und Dauer die günstigere und bessere Option sind.

4. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    I played with one of the aeroclubs in a club near a town where i lived... It's so fast to break them. Even FLY CLUB shuttles (which is some euro cheaper), almost have no difference with the aeroclubs.

5. baddycaddy

The flight of fly shuttlecocks are absolutely horrible though.

6. Chan1011

Chan1011 Regular Member

FYI, Aeroclub are Duck feathers whereas more premium shuttles are Goose feathers!

You can definitely notice the durability and weight characteristics, which inherently affect the final flight patterns. In the end it's not really worth it to buy "cheap" shuttles as you'll be changing more frequently and getting mediocre gameplay.

7. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Sorry for the late reply, but FYI the Aeroclub 33 (whatever that is) is on the BWF approved shuttlecock list.

8. vdanvung

vdanvung Regular Member

IT
    hi there, thx for the information. i am not sure about a shuttle being sold here in Brunei. it a yonex aeroclub 11, the shop selling say its a new packing for yonex AS5 speed 2. but been trying to find the info. but have not found any, only the 4 model of aeroclubs. if you have info. can you tell me the spec and speed of the shuttle aeroclub 11. it is selling the same price as the Yonex AS5/2. here in brunei.