Where To Wrap The Grip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by hc806, Jun 3, 2004.

1. hc806

hc806 Regular Member

can someone tell me where to wrap the grip... because currently i bought an armortec 500 and i am wondering if i should put the new grip on top of the original grip... or just pull off the originial and wrap it on top of nothing, (on top of just the handle it self) ? what should i do..? P.S. its not going to be a towel grip... im planning to get a tacky grip since i hate the towel grips... SO.. please help me and tell me if i should put the grip on top of the original grip or just put it the handle... thnx :cool:

2. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Put the grip whichever way feels most comfortable for you to play with, it's a difficult thing to comment on because everyone likes their grip a different thickness.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    No strict correct rule.

Can do both ways. It's just up to you and the thickness of the handle you prefer.

4. hc806

hc806 Regular Member

ya but how did u guys put it....cuz i dun enve noe which way would feel comfortable..cuz if i take off the original grip then i cant put it bak on........:confused:

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Put overgrip over original grip: More comfortable, but the grip size is increased, even with ultra thin over grip.

2. Take off the original grip: Recommend to put food wrap or thin tape on the bare wood, then, wrap the overgrip to protect the wood from sweat. Not as "soft" as #1, but is a better choice if u don't want to increase the grip size.

I usually use #2, as my hands are small. If I can find G5 size grip (smallest in yonex), then, I might consider use #1.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i say wrap it over first. then play with it and see if it is comfortable or if it too big. if you find it too big, you can remove the original.

removing the original and putting in a replacement grip will feel like when it was new. so you do know how each one will feel.

soon you will find the right formula for your hand size and comfortable zone. like most of us do.

7. hc806

hc806 Regular Member

so ... u want me to put on food wrap on top of the wood then put another wrappin over the grip??? why put wraping over the overgrip?????????

8. hc806

hc806 Regular Member

ok thnx a lot all of u

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    nononono...

1. remove original grip

2. wrap 1 layer of food wrap over the wood

3. wrap overgrip over the food wrap

This way, the sweat go through overgrip won't damage the wood in a long run. ;)