User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geee the fakes are indeed getting better and better. And they are now introducing their products much earlier as before. Ultimately I believe that these fakes would equal the appearance of the original Yonex. The only way by then to differentiate the two would be on performance, which would be hard to gauge especially when the buyer isnt familiar or hasnt tried the original product. Guess the safest bet would be to buy at reputable stores or at authorized Yonex outlets to be safe. Thanks for the info ants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great pics and comparison Ants! I will try to post pics of my AT800JP. In Japan, the AT800 and even the MPs do not come with any racket bag. They just have a black cloth sack with drawstrings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all JP rackets come with that black bag. Actually I prefer it to the standard bag. I got so many of those standard badminton bags lieing around. On the other hand, those black bags are very useful. I can slip my rackets into it before placing all of them inside my big bag, thereby avoiding them touching each other and scraping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, now ill think twice before purchasing At800

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The TH version is posted here for comparison. But it is the OF model.
    The TH version does not come with the cover like the one as shown. But the cover design from Armortec 700, 500, etc.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by armortec800
    The TH version is posted here for comparison. But it is the OF model.
    The TH version does not come with the cover like the one as shown. But the cover design from Armortec 700, 500, etc.....

What tensio do u use? 22?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a friend's racket which I borrowed. Should be 24lb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    The "FAKE AT800" Review.

When i first hold it , i already know its a fake.. its too light. Even balanced or head light. When i use it to hit , i felt so much vibration. It was strung with bg66. No power , no stability. I'm sure the OF version of fake will also be the same , just that the color is OF color.

Kwun : the fake is from one of my friend. based on my source , OF version will come out in maybe 2 or 3 weeks time. DE "original" version is more sellable , so they make the DE fake's first.
    Interesting, I recently bought a Ti-10 from eBay for only $100 USD. It feels head light (instead of head heavy) and no power. I begun to suspect if the racquet is fake but noone could spot any difference. Now, my suspicious is greater that I might get a fake Ti-10 from eBay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K
    Interesting, I recently bought a Ti-10 from eBay for only $100 USD. It feels head light (instead of head heavy) and no power. I begun to suspect if the racquet is fake but noone could spot any difference. Now, my suspicious is greater that I might get a fake Ti-10 from eBay.
    Post some pics and let us be the CSI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The trouble is...

...it is really really difficult to spot fakes without having an original to compare with as Ants has shown. The counterfeiters are getting better but the sure tell-tell signs are still the serial number (printed instead of engraved) and the butt cap (YY logo is not distinctly clear).

Even with the MP series, if you don't know that Yonex MP (except for the MP100) have the muscle strip grommets, you wouldn't be able to spot the fakes. Look at the recent pics of the AT 900 !! Who would have thought?

I think Yonex has to do a lot of education to the public to teach them how to differentiate fakes from the real thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winex West Can
    I think Yonex has to do a lot of education to the public to teach them how to differentiate fakes from the real thing.
    Will it teach to people who does fakes how to make it better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ants, can you provide us with a photo comparison around the cone area. Yonex has the new 'control support cap (CSC)'. I wonder if the fake had copied that feature.

Thanks
    Last edited by cooler; 06-05-2004 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winex West Can
    ...it is really really difficult to spot fakes without having an original to compare with as Ants has shown. The counterfeiters are getting better but the sure tell-tell signs are still the serial number (printed instead of engraved) and the butt cap (YY logo is not distinctly clear).

Even with the MP series, if you don't know that Yonex MP (except for the MP100) have the muscle strip grommets, you wouldn't be able to spot the fakes. Look at the recent pics of the AT 900 !! Who would have thought?

I'm not yonex but here is my opinion.
    I think money can be better spent on (like what is yonex is doing i think):
    - promoting badminton
    - enforce honesty at distribution and dealer level.
    - shorter product cycle

People only get fakes from non-authorized sellers like hawkers, acquaintances/frends/relatives, ebay, back of someone's car trunk, etc.
    It is 99.999% impossible to get fakes from authorized yonex dealers. I dont see a store owner would want to risk his/her right to sell yonex by selling few fakes. It is very hard to get a yonex dealership. Also, if u have the receipt, u can get your money back from the authorized dealer that 'sold' you the fake anyway. If not, words will surely get out fast and that dealer will be cut off from yonex in no time. It is common sense, not a rocket science logic. It is similar to buying a new rolex watch, diamond ring or prescription drug from ebay or guy off the street, it's buyer beware because it is sold as is.
    Last edited by cooler; 06-05-2004 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    Ants, can you provide us with a photo comparison around the cone area. Yonex has the new 'control support cap (CSC)'. I wonder if the fake had copied that feature.

Thanks

What do you mean CSC? The cone of the fake is the same with the original. they copied that as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

csc is yonex fancy name for the new cone shape.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

FWIW, i saw a AT700 fake today.

they have copied the AT cone, as well as the bottom cap fairly well. the cone is not distinguishable, the bottom cap will need some close A/B comparision to find the difference.

the paint job isn't as good as the original one though, they might have skipped some shading details on it. the serial number gives away the fakeness right away though.

the counterfeiters are certainly getting more and more sophisticated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    FWIW, i saw a AT700 fake today.

they have copied the AT cone, as well as the bottom cap fairly well. the cone is not distinguishable, the bottom cap will need some close A/B comparision to find the difference.

the paint job isn't as good as the original one though, they might have skipped some shading details on it. the serial number gives away the fakeness right away though.

the counterfeiters are certainly getting more and more sophisticated.
    Yup, you are right , but so far they can't copy the weight distribution of the racket and the racket's performance.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast