User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Yup, you are right , but so far they can't copy the weight distribution of the racket and the racket's performance.
    true, but that's not what attract buyers. it is the cheap price and the illusion that a racket that looks like the real one may perform like the real one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ants,

either yonex is inconsistant or your info is wrong.
    In the close up of the shafts you say on the real racket the "d" in defensive touches the boarder. On all the pictures in the offical yonex literature, as well as on my racket which was bought from a reputable dealer days after the offical release in japan, the "d" in defensive does NOT touch the boarder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkinJapan
    Ants,

either yonex is inconsistant or your info is wrong.
    In the close up of the shafts you say on the real racket the "d" in defensive touches the boarder. On all the pictures in the offical yonex literature, as well as on my racket which was bought from a reputable dealer days after the offical release in japan, the "d" in defensive does NOT touch the boarder.

well you see the picture i posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope the fake manufacturers don't stumble onto this forum and see the Serial Number thread. If they modify the fake serials to conform to the trend, then that'll really make it difficult to weed them out.

-dave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wood_22_chuck
    I hope the fake manufacturers don't stumble onto this forum and see the Serial Number thread. If they modify the fake serials to conform to the trend, then that'll really make it difficult to weed them out.

-dave
    I'm sure the Fakes manufacturer knows about the serial numbers. Just that at the moment they don't know how to fake the engraved numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a matter of investing money in a laser engraver.

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    I'm sure the Fakes manufacturer knows about the serial numbers. Just that at the moment they don't know how to fake the engraved numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey ants,

can u try spinning the shaft of the fake racquet in between the tip of ur thumb and middle finger?? I've gone through two fake racquets before (MP100 and Ti10) and they are very bumpy when you spin them. All high end Yonex racquets that I've experimented are perfectly round so when you spin the racquet, it doesn't rock back and forth. Thanx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not a reliable guide.
    drawing conclusion from 2 fakes is insufficient

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only difference in comparing the fakes and the original , is the weight , grommets , balance, engraved serial numbers and also the sticker.. Cosmetic wise is very hard to see because is almost identical.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    not a reliable guide.
    drawing conclusion from 2 fakes is insufficient
    but surely you'd expect the build quality of the fakes to be not up to stratch, therefore likely to have uneven shaft, whereas the real one "should" have a smooth shaft?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, fakes come from numerous manufacturers. Buyers dont know who really make them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler
    no, fakes come from numerous manufacturers. Buyers dont know who really make them.
    Yup , some from Taiwan and Some from China. I think they are few manufacturers that is making the fakes. Some factories make a better qualify fakes than others. Some say taiwan made is nicer some say china made is nicer. So from my opinion, there maybe many sources of fakes in these 2 countries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A suggestion to the fake manufacturers, make your own brand called "Generic" version. Like the drug store in US, you can get a "generic" drug, or a "brand" name drug.

Do not get me wrong, "generic" does not mean fake, it simply implies the quality is close or similar to the name brand but the price is cheaper. Actually, I was surprised to find out few of my friends who are pharmacists recommend "generic" because it makes little to no difference compared to the name brand.

With this "Generic" racquets, it is win-win situation for everyone. To manufacturers, they can pay loyalty fees to Yonex for using its technologies and avoid jail time. For dealers, they can sell one more brand. For consumers, they can choose between 2 brands. Just my 2 cents....

Alan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chibe_K
    A suggestion to the fake manufacturers, make your own brand called "Generic" version. Like the drug store in US, you can get a "generic" drug, or a "brand" name drug.

Do not get me wrong, "generic" does not mean fake, it simply implies the quality is close or similar to the name brand but the price is cheaper. Actually, I was surprised to find out few of my friends who are pharmacists recommend "generic" because it makes little to no difference compared to the name brand.

With this "Generic" racquets, it is win-win situation for everyone. To manufacturers, they can pay loyalty fees to Yonex for using its technologies and avoid jail time. For dealers, they can sell one more brand. For consumers, they can choose between 2 brands. Just my 2 cents....

Alan
    Wrong.
    Rackets arent the same as making medicine where in america, no error (or difference) is allowed. Generic drug makers get the exact chemical makeup of the drugs thru licensing. Generic drugs are REGULATED. FAKE RACKETS AREN'T. Generic drugs exist because of gov't policy, not because drugs company is nice. No one beside yonex knows the exact recipe of each yonex racket. The internal T joint is patented and not for sale. So the only things that the faker can copy is racket shape and paint color, things they can fool buyer's eyes. Even rolex watches where all the mechanical components can be easily dissembled and identifed, no one yet had made an exact copy of rolex and sell for less.

more example.
    margarine is man's copy of butter, actually claimed to be better than butter (vegetable oil base).

facts:
    - real butter taste better than margarine in raw and in baking
    - real butter is less harmful than margarine even when margarine is vegetable oil based and butter is animal saturated fat.
    - if margarine is under fda as generic drug, it wont pass the first level of fda

since fake racket doesnt kill people, it is not regulated

No, i'm not a pharmacist
    Last edited by cooler; 06-08-2004 at 03:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, Companies like Yonex will not issue any license or so to any fake company to let them to make identical ones (fakes). Imagine an agent of a fake racquet company goes to Yonex's office and tell them "I would like to copy your racquets, and sell it for profit." Do you think Yonex will let them do it?

Think Again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want To bump THis cause important InfomatioN!! dont get fool~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys think of this AT800 on Ebay. Seller states they're SP, but he hasn't sold any racquets prior to this as I can see...it's a bit iffy. none of his other items come to even near the price range.

HERE

He's got other items too. He's selling both the OF and DF...should or souldn't buy? I really want the AT800...sigh...the JP version's so expensive...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast