User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look at the closeup of the serial - I suspect that the shiny piece in the right is the Yonex sticker that usually covers up the serial number (proving the racquet is a fake)...

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by lalanthier; 06-21-2004 at 04:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posted by bluejeff in here: http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16437:
    I think you are thinking too much.

Sunrise probably didn't know where to put the sticker on , so they chose the cone area, which is the area for serial numbers, which is the area that normal people don't look at frequently.

Trying to spot fakes is a good thing, but if people tend to think everything is fake unless you can prove it is genuine is just overkill. Guys, please relax.
    (No, I am not saying you should be careless, but not to think that everything that has a sticker on the cone is fake. I have many rackets from Taiwan that has stickers on the serial numbers area, and they are genuine. It's just something that Yonex didn't think it would be used to prove the racket is genuine. Please be fair and use your heads more, guys. )

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bluemp88lover
    I have a mp 88 and the serial number(on the cone) is covered by the Sunrise sticker. I do not think this is fake, do you? Everything else is so "original". I think my mp88 is a real yonex mp 88. But then again, why is the serial number covered? I am very curious to know the truth. My mp 88 is the new version(blue). My old mp 88 broke so I bought a new one. I was also very skeptical when I saw that the serial number was covered by the Sunrise sticker at first, but I did not want to wait any longer being "racquetless", so I bought it. The serial number on the shaft can be clearly seen. Everything else is in order except that the serial number on the cone is covered by the Sunrise sticker. Could anyone advise me on this?

He says that yonex probably did not know where to place the sunrise sticker so they placed it over the serial number as they thought most people would not look there. I think that this is true. So I think that the armortec 800 defensive in the picture is a original one.

Also in this thread posted by ants:
    The real one.. at the zero in the middle there is green and red. The fake one REd only. If you see the Defence word.. the letter D connects to the dark green.. when the fake the letter D have some space.
    Attached Images

I think it is real. You need not worry.
    Last edited by bluemp88lover; 06-21-2004 at 05:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lalanthier

If you look at the closeup of the serial - I suspect that the shiny piece in the right is the Yonex sticker that usually covers up the serial number (proving the racquet is a fake)...

Any suggestions?
    Yours is the real thing.. dont worry about it. You can try to peel of the seal and the silver part will stick on the cone. Feel the serial number on the shaft .. you can feel the laser etched number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    Yours is the real thing.. dont worry about it. You can try to peel of the seal and the silver part will stick on the cone. Feel the serial number on the shaft .. you can feel the laser etched number.
    I am glad anthony agrees with me.

By the way, when you say the serial number is laser etched, it means that the number is not printed on and that the serial number cannot be scratched off, right?
    Last edited by bluemp88lover; 06-21-2004 at 05:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants
    The left one is fake..

See the difference of the grommets.. suprisingly the fake also have the extra grommets on the 10 and 2 oclock.

after lengthy reading all the past submitions in this thread i come to understand that there is an issue whether the cosmetics of both the fakes and original yonex racquets are consistant.

in turn it is my opinion that cosmetics are not the best indicators to determine whether it is genuine or fake. in the picture provided by ants, it is clear that all single groments used in the production of the fake are the basic round head groments. this is as compared to the rectangular head single groments found on the original yonex armortec series. the logical explanation could be that the unusual shaped groments used by yonex is not (yet) mass produced for the existing market and thus the producers of the fakes are having a tough time obtaining them. it may also be too costly for the fakes to produce these abnormally shaped groments so the more conventional and cost effective groments are used instead.

in my experience i have found that groments have so far been a good indicator for determining the genuinity of these new breed of racquets. the same can be said of the MP series where the 'Y' shaped single groments were employed by yonex to better fit the muscle power curves of the frame.
    this observation of groments held true not only on 'exact' immitation of yonex mp and armortec series but also on 'immitation models' by brands such as apacs, pro ace, fleet, ashaway and etc.

by saying so, i do however stress that future availability of such groments to the market as a whole may cause redundancy in the groments role as a reliable indicator, as well as bridge the gap between the fakes and the real mcoy. i suppose this is something yonex themselves should look into.

adios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey for that racket~~~ i saw it on ebay too~~~ who wants share half the price with me and letz exam together if it is a fake or real~~~ who wants to do that~~~ crazy!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

after reading this thread, i think i am in deep trouble now. I have just been offered by a fren for AT700 at RM320.00 which is equivalent to USD85.00. I have not seen the actual racket yet but from the price alone, do you guys think that it is fake? Also, after going through all the posts, none is mentioned about the difference between real and fake AT700.

PLease help.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default fake 700?

HI, there!
    I know the pic is not good enough but can anyone tell me is this AT-700 fake or not. I bought it for really low price.
    Thanks!

Last edited by antonof; 07-05-2004 at 07:10 PM. Reason: no pic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's a fake since there is no CSC on it. (the fat cone)

By the way, this is the thread for AT800, not AT700, please be careful next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    I think it's a fake since there is no CSC on it. (the fat cone)

By the way, this is the thread for AT800, not AT700, please be careful next time.
    Also, that's not a stock Yonex grip, is it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broken
    Also, that's not a stock Yonex grip, is it?
    Yeah, I was just too lazy to type all out. Just the CSC cone is good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to id fakes

found this on the yonex oz webpage. It's basically telling people what to look for in fake vs real. The website also has a warning that they will prosecute 'illegal' racquets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jez7375
    found this on the yonex oz webpage. It's basically telling people what to look for in fake vs real. The website also has a warning that they will prosecute 'illegal' racquets.
    Do 'illegal' racquets have to go to jail'

Just kidding , thx for the pic.
    Last edited by Cheung; 08-04-2004 at 10:46 PM. Reason: same picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So where Page 1? They seems to have forgotten to include Page 1 of the first 4 features to look for

Seems that the fakes are getting in with the CH designation. Maybe they will offer a reward for information leading to the arrests of the fake sellers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know a fake seller and i have proof. i will post in new thread with pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pandee720
    i know a fake seller and i have proof. i will post in new thread with pics.
    Wow, pics of fake sellers? Might get yonex to support this site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what i meant is that i have pics of the fake racquet that the seller sells...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast