My Interhouse School badminton tournament.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by FEND., Jun 3, 2004.

1. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Just today I played the interhouse tournament in my school, my house cleaned sweep at 5 - 0 against the other school house Cornwall. Boys singles, boys doubles, mixed, girls singles and girls doubles. So we are currently leading. 2 more houses to play against.

My match was boys doubles with my partner jonathan kok, and we had a hard time, losing 17 - 14 in the first set. Our captain who won his singles game encouraged us and kept cheering us on. We ended up winning the last 2 sets 15 - 8, 15 - 12 after leading for most of the time. Mental strength, great team spirit and good technique won us all the matches.

Now, we'll have to play 2 remaining houses with the next on saturday 5/6/2004. I followed some tips from the guys here especially on smashing, what to eat / drink after / during a game, and stuff. I'll keep you guys posted on my tournament. It'll last until the 7th of June which is a monday where my team will play the last house.

Hopefully we can win the tournament. I'll post updates daily as I think it is a fitting tribute to the people here who helped improve my game tremendously.

P.S Cold water 1 hour before a game does work. I didn't need to drink water after 2 sets in doubles, only before the 3rd set began, then I drank a bit more cool water (the water was not cold anymore, but refreshingly cool ;))

Anyways thats from me. See you guys soon.

Kwun, I'm working on the blender stuff also. So don't worry

2. mjwhitfield

mjwhitfield Regular Member

Postgrad University Student
    Good work :)

Is it something you've only been training for in school hours, or outside as well? Does your team all pratice together or do all the teams pratice together and then for the tournament you get split into your houses?

I wish my school would have held tournaments for badminton, we got stuck playing football and rugby :mad:

3. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    My school's interhouse tournament is coming up soon, most likely in July. Last year we got the silver medal, lost 2-3 to another house. I'm the Badminton captain for girls in the afternoon session.. I've been looking for girls that can play, but so far found only 1 that can play quite okay, at this rate I'll just have to look for girls that can actually HIT the shuttle.. shows how unpopular badminton is among girls.:(