So many fakes... waht is real??

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by hc806, Jun 3, 2004.

1. hc806

hc806 Regular Member

currently there has been so many threads metioning fake armortec's.... im about to buy one this weekened..but now im not sure if i should becuase there are so many fakes as other forum memebrs said.. please help me and teach me to tell the differences... thnx...I HATE THE FAKES...AND I WOULD HATE TO GET RIPPED OFF :mad:

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    #1 rule of not buying a fake:

price. if you buy a brand new AT700 for US$20, i can guarantee you that it is a fake.

#2 rule of not buying a fake:

buy from a credible store. a authorized yonex dealer will very very unlikely sell fakes.

#3 rule of not buying a fake:

search the forums for all the fake info.

3. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yup , this forum can also help you in identifying fake rackets.. there is alot of members here that can help.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    I think buying from canadian retailers are pretty safe.
    Fakes are mostly sold by club players or friends(unknowingly) who say they got some good deals from his or her asian trip. Some people dont like bad news either. I've told one guy that he got a fake cab25 and he stare me down as tho i was the culprit. :eek:

5. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

Make sure the store is a Yonex authorized retailer; they have a sticker that says so.

6. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Don't believe it if they say its the factory's overrun. Get it from a reputable seller. If you are not sure if the seller is authentic or not , ask the Bcfers :)

7. ttfoo

ttfoo Regular Member

Ask the seller to write down all the particulars about the racket that you would like to buy, I mean serias Number (most important one), Model, Date, seller signiture.....(just add in anything you can)on the invoice and keep all these paper work safely.
    This will be very helpful when you found that the racket you buy is the fake one.

8. hc806

hc806 Regular Member

well.. u guys say that i shoudl check if the store is a yonex retail store.... but then how would i know if it is..becuz if i ask them..they would say yes even if it isnt..... and TheGr8Two says that ther is a sticker... but where would it be posted..and i dun think all retail yonex stores will have one...will they? will they have like a certificate or somethin on the wall ...saying YONEX CERTIFIED or somethin?//

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    check if they also sell yonex shoes, tennis rackets, grips and strings as well.

10. kukula

kukula Regular Member

businessman
    I believe that bigger, high end stores would generally avoid fakes, since they have a reputation to look after. Here in my country we also have Yonex stores, which sells all Yonex stuff

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ask around ur friends and fellow club members. I am sure at least some of them should know reputable local stores.