User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you play badminton during summer?

Voters
497. You may not vote on this poll
  • I keep playing as usual

199 40.04%
  • I play more than usual

145 29.18%
  • I play more seldom

75 15.09%
  • I play some badminton, but engage more in other sports

39 7.85%
  • I play badminton outdoors

10 2.01%
  • I don't play badminton during summer

29 5.84%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now I can't play in the rest of summer.....because the gym is closed!!
    School gym is now performing the scheduled maintenance, which would take about roughly a week or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play a lot less for a few reasons

1.I play golf instead
    2.The club has less hours
    3.It costs £5 a night in the summer
    4. Holiday
    5.Coach injured
    6.I play golf and get obsessed in the summer just as i get obsessed with badders in the winter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kwun's guestimate was quite accurate. He's put the options up in the same order of popularity as we have voted...impressive

(or does the software automatically rank the options before you voted for them, in which case ignore my post).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jcl49
    Kwun's guestimate was quite accurate. He's put the options up in the same order of popularity as we have voted...impressive

(or does the software automatically rank the options before you voted for them, in which case ignore my post).
    Lol. but really now, would you put "I don't play badminton during the summer" option at the top? or in the middle?

Well, I seldom play during the summer because of full time job. >.<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're lucky here in the bay area....we have 2 clubs and now i hear theres like 3 or 4 facilities that are dedicated to badminton 7 days a week. bintang badminton and uhhh united badminton.....and something about a smash city or whatnot...but anyway, if someones looking to start an entreprenurship...theres an idea....open a badminton gym...all you need to do is get a warehouse, and add nets. Then just charge everyone $5 a pop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
    we're lucky here in the bay area....we have 2 clubs and now i hear theres like 3 or 4 facilities that are dedicated to badminton 7 days a week. bintang badminton and uhhh united badminton.....and something about a smash city or whatnot...but anyway, if someones looking to start an entreprenurship...theres an idea....open a badminton gym...all you need to do is get a warehouse, and add nets. Then just charge everyone $5 a pop.
    I wish it was such an easy task, get a warehouse, get some nets....lol....and then we have so many people picking on a particular kind of floor.
    I think it takes a lot more effort into runninf an open gym than just a warehouse. and as far as I know, $5 is a heck lot cheaper than many other dedicated badminton open gym's.

I play thruoghout the year, more so in summer. Being in the bayarea is a great advantage with the long open gym hrs.

Never feel lazy in summer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will end up playing more in summer because i dont have to focus on school, well this year i have some IB work to do over the summer but thats not going to stop me. It will be better cause i can go play more often but so will lots of other people so thats the disadvantage, oh well ill just go to a camp and try for elite or something to get playing at a higher level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Badminton for me, in Montreal, is great for pretty much any time except summer. Mostly because it's cold around here and so indoor sports are just a godsave against couch potatoe syndrome when it's freezing outside.

The YMCA I usually go to is usually packed solid during the summer, though, so I almost never even bother during the summer. It's more that I don't play as much because I can't than it is I don't play as much because I have better things to do.

I do find however that the summer is a long time to go without playing, and I see no reason why schools and clubs should shut down--- if anything, they stand to get more people, since kids are out of school and have more time to play.

Although, if you can't find places to play during, start your own club like we did! Problem solved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinryu

Although, if you can't find places to play during, start your own club like we did! Problem solved.
    Oh! You finally found a place? I was thinking I'd go to the YMCA this summer. On top of playing Golf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm....I generally play less, because of the heat in some places ie. BCIT and other summer sports that come up. I try to play once a week in the summer, but I also have a love for tennis so I have to make the best of my summer in the tennis courts; whereas badminton is offered all season long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ugh.... we only have 2 seasons here in the philippines... hot and hotter (with a bit of rain during the hot season) and it feels like summer the whole year 'round.

I only know of 3 clubs here with air conditioning... dunno why i'm punishing myself with the heat. hehehe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up summer.

Badminton is an addiction. Can't live without it. Good to play in summer to loose more weights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2-3 times more than usual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still play on summer despite the HEAT

35 + deg Centigrade during daytime. Heat during the night time doesnt fair well either. Average is 32 degrees.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play even more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i try to play as much as i possibly can through the summer, i remember a year or two ago i gave it a break for the summer months and when the season started again in september i could hardly hit the birdie. Im quite lucky really as i can play twice a week in church halls that my club has organised, and i normally manage to play another 2 or 3 times a week at college

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna keep my training all year round, but I agree... In the summer it's quite hot on a badminton-court with no air-conditioning or anything to cool you down but water...

Actually I'm gonna keep a litte break in july, gotta have some time of during the year, but my experiense is that a to long summerbreak, 2-3 months, and you spent the first month of the season to get the touch back..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast