Newbie from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by TheFishingCook, Jun 4, 2004.

1. TheFishingCook

TheFishingCook New Member

depends who's asking... =D
    Hi everyone!

I never knew this forum existed until today! this is great...thanks for starting it up!

I'm 24 from Toronto...I play recreationally in Mississauga right now, used to play for my high school for 5 years...was never trained professionally in a league or anything...was sorta trained on the go by my dad, and just by playing my whole life...I never had any time in university to try out for the team...

I currently use a Yonex Isometric Long 150 (frame collapsed between two eyelets at the 12 o'clock position, with the original manufacturer strings, i.e. has never been restrung), and a Yonex Muscle Power 24 (base of the shaft, just above the handle, cracked)...I called Yonex Canada in Calgary, and the lady said that for manufacturer defects, they have to be sent to them within 6 months...unfortunately, i didn't discover these defects until recently, which happens to be past the 6 month period...

EDIT: actually, the Isometric racquet I never noticed until recently, and the MP 24 I was using...the shaft lost it's strength, and cracked...I guess I'm just so darn strong...;) j/k

sooooo...this is why I've been searching for help, and came across this forum! :) Has anyone had any problems or issues dealing with Yonex when it came to manufacturer defects? did they give you a hard time, or did they send you a replacement? if anyone can help or point me to a thread where this has been discussed, that would be very much appreciated!:)

I cannot believe that Yonex does not have a toll free number...nor do they post up an email where a customer can contact them...I had to call them long distance to get info, and an email...:mad:

anyways, if anyone is interested, the canadian email is customerservice@yonexcanada.com

#1 TheFishingCook, Jun 4, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  2. TheFishingCook

TheFishingCook New Member

depends who's asking... =D
    bump!

anyone out there who can answer my questions?

Has anyone had any problems or issues dealing with Yonex when it came to manufacturer defects? did they give you a hard time, or did they send you a replacement?

if anyone can help or point me to a thread where this has been discussed, that would be very much appreciated!:)

3. BobbyGeneric

BobbyGeneric Regular Member

IT professional
    Hi there, you should try just sending the broken racquets to them directly (address available on the forum here somewhere) and then attach a note explaining where you bought the racquet from and how it broke. From what I understand, they'll either send you back a replacement or you'll get a letter explaining why they didn't think they should.

For me I broke an MP99 that I had for around 1.5years and within 8 business days of me sending the racquet I had a brand new one send back! I was quite happy to see the new racquet and to see that I got it back so soon. Good luck with getting the warranty and if not, you should be able to get a good 2nd hand racquet from these forums :)

4. Side1021

Side1021 Regular Member

Yonex Ca's warranty is pretty good. I got a replacement for a replacement in like 10 days(MP99). I didn't even include a receipt(no receipt for replacement racquet).