Hello!!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Julianstar7, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Julianstar7

Julianstar7 Regular Member

student
    heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy everyone!

I'm new, here, and I have been told by a great person name Eva, i hope i get to know her better! But my name is Judy, and wow, i never knew there was a website for badminton, wow wow wow, but i live in California, and this is my first year in badminton or was, my badminton season ended, so, i have a while to get ready for my season, but i just wanted everyone to know, i had a rough start, I once told my sister that I hated badminton and I never ever wanted to play it agian, because in my season, i was so terrible that i didn't get to play any games, but as i started to play, i started to get more competitive, and even as i didn't get to play many games, i learned to appreciate myself being there, after all I did meet knew ppl, and I have more friends now, then I first started, I jsut wanted to tell everyone to never give up, and also, now i love badminton and I'm addicted to it!! lol, and I just cannot wait to learn more about badminton, i always thought tennis was my key sport, because i was soooo much better at it, but i'm still young and i'm still learning! I wish Badminton was more out there like tennis, it's very unfair!
    Wow this is long, but yeah, haah, and i hope I could learn from everyone, because i know when i'm a sophmore in high school next year, and it's badminton season, i will have a lot of questions, but rite now, i need to study for my finals, ahah! thank you for reading this, and have a great night, well in California it's nine so hah GOOD NIGHT!

With lotz of love from me,
    Judy

2. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonForum! This is a great site, and that's putting it mildly. There are plenty of Forum members scattered in California ... whereabouts are you? Maybe you guys in California can have a gathering and take lots of pictures.

-dave

3. Chesire Cat

Chesire Cat Regular Member

Journalist at The Jakarta Post
    welcome judy!

hello judy :)

welcome to the club! LOL finally you join this website..believe me you will get lots of tips, advices, whatever from the pro or amateur badminton players and coaches in this website. :D

PS : to everyone --> funny thing that i met judy when we were playing yahoo online games and suddenly we were talking about badminton! what a coincidence

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Welcome to the big family.

Don't be too harsh on urself, as no one was born to be good in anything. Badminton, as well as any sports, require hardwork and years of practice in order to improve. Since it's ur first yr in this sport, just give it some time, and I am sure u will be much better in the very near future. ;)

I am sure u can meet a lot of nice ppl here, as we are a big family throughout the world. :)

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    welcome to BF Judy.
    Can you persuade Chesire cat to play more badminton? :D

6. Julianstar7

student
    haha, we live in orange county, the city is fullerton, eheh!

7. Julianstar7

student
    I will try haha~

8. Julianstar7

student
    Thank you very mcuh for the support, i feel so loved, hehe!

9. Julianstar7

student
    HAHA I KNOW ISN'T IT WEIRD, THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH EVA~ Oh and there' ssomeone that wants you to play more badminton, so plz play more for him!!!!

10. Chesire Cat

to judy

hey judy

i told you that this is a great site! LOL

11. Chesire Cat

hi cooler LOL

naaaaaaaaah i can't play badminton i am too old LOL and all my muscles are rusty hahaha i will run out of breath soon if i force myself to play :)
    maybe u should teach me?

12. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    ;)
    Hi Eva

You can't be older than me and I'll be surprised if you are even half as 'young' coz your 'Cheshire Cat' pix can't fool me! Playing badminton can only make you feel younger, fitter and slimmer! And what's more, you have to cover the game when your countrymen play and by indulging in the game itself will make you understand it better and ask more questions, especially the technical ones. I'm sure many BF'ers here will be most willingly to help.

Hey Judy

A warm welcome on behalf of all BF'ers from Singapore. I'm glad to note you now love badminton more than tennis and I hope you will be able to play more baddy games when your school season starts again. I'm sure you'll agree that you can play badminton all year round, unlike tennis, and this must be a consolation.

Fullerton is a recognied name in Singapore. We have a 6-star hotel, The Fullerton Hotel", which is making a name for itself although it is a relatively new one. The Fullerton building, which is an impressive "colonial type" building with Roman columns was formerly a government building for the Inland Revenue (Income Tax) Dept. and the POSB Bank. Most of the unique features of the building are retained as a requirement for converting it into a hotel.

We look forward to hearing from you from time to time. :)

13. Chesire Cat

hey loh

hello loh

:) how old do you think i am? LOL i am 25 yrs old..LOL yeah i know that it's not THAT old to start playing badminton LOL but still..LOL u know i don't have much time cos journalism job takes most of my time LOL i work like 12 hours a day and spend the other 12 hours sleeping, reading and eating LOL

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LOL, what r u talking about being too old at 25. I wish i had discovered badminton when i was 25. You have the upper hands being so close and seeing all the pros in action. I like to teach but i'm sure there are lots of BF's from INA love to show off their skills around you :D I didnt knew u work 12 hrs day :eek: A little bit of pantings on the court would sure help lubricate those rusty muscles of your :p You're still young, u can be in great form in no time if you chase around.... the shuttle. LOL Since u like chesire cat, i'm sure you are deceptive on court as well

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Wow, your job must be pretty demanding to take up 12 hours a day. I hope you can get out of this bind someday, somehow, the earlier the better, otherwise life and work become less meaningful. Ask our guys here to go without baddy, they'll think you are nuts or what!

I suppose the one consolation is that you enjoy your work. I hope you don't have to work on most Sundays and perhaps this is the day that you can play some badminton with close friends and really relax and recharge for the next work day. :p