• i always go to a shop

464 61.29%
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    i break my strings often, and pissed about paying so much money to the stringers at the stores. they ask $15 for labor.
    High labor costs for stringing are an incentive for you to buy a machine of your own and do it yourself. The more players string their own the faster such labor costs will come down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question hi

tanepak can you explain because my english is not so good what do you mean!!
    MING

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MING PARIS
    tanepak can you explain because my english is not so good what do you mean!!
    MING
    What I mean is that if the stores charge too much for stringing, then you can save money by buying a machine and stringing it yourself. Just like what you are doing. After sometime, you can string for other people and make some money, eventually enough to pay for the machine.
    Second point is that if more and more players buy their own machines and string their own racquets, instead of having the sportstores string for them, the stores will have less and less business. If the stores stringing business get less and less they will lose money, which will then make them want to get back some lost business. To get back lost business, they will have to be competitive, with stringers like you, and that means cutting prices.
    I hope I have not confused you and that this explanation is not more confusing than the earlier shorter one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak
    What I mean is that if the stores charge too much for stringing, then you can save money by buying a machine and stringing it yourself. Just like what you are doing. After sometime, you can string for other people and make some money, eventually enough to pay for the machine.
    Second point is that if more and more players buy their own machines and string their own racquets, instead of having the sportstores string for them, the stores will have less and less business. If the stores stringing business get less and less they will lose money, which will then make them want to get back some lost business. To get back lost business, they will have to be competitive, with stringers like you, and that means cutting prices.
    I hope I have not confused you and that this explanation is not more confusing than the earlier shorter one.

Hmmm well you can only make money from stringing if you are a GREAT stringer. Good is not enough nowadays. Some stringers just string with some basic knowledge. But there is alot to learn about in stringing. I'm sure Taneepak agree with me on this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up bonjour

do you think people like us can make some money when you spend half or one hour for stringing ,and when I only charge ten eur. BG65 ,eleven eur.BG85.
    this is a service I do for friends ASPTT badminton PARIS(we are 240 people)
    By the way taneepak do you know how much are the sock towel grip in H Kg by one hundred ,thanks for explains! MING

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do you think people like us can make some money when you spend half or one hour for stringing ,and when I only charge ten eur. BG65 ,eleven eur.BG85.
    By the way taneepak do you know how much are the sock towel grip in H Kg by one hundred ,thanks for explains! MING
    You mean towel grip? They come in rolls, one roll is good enough to give you 18 to 20 grips. Each roll costs about HK$90. I don't think it is a good idea to buy from Hong Kong and then ship to France. The shipping costs will be too expensive for something inexpensive like HK$90.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up hello

HI ,I mean sock like the pair you use every day ,you put the racket in the sock I find some in toronto last year ,usualy made in Japan or asia!!
    can't find it in europa,thinks ,MING

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HI ,I mean sock like the pair you use every day ,you put the racket in the sock I find some in toronto last year ,usualy made in Japan or asia!!
    can't find it in europa,thinks ,MING
    Do you mean those towel sleeves that you just put over the handle? If yes, then they are no good as they do not give you enough friction because they are too loose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default yes

My friends here are looking for them,they can change easily,I prefer the thin grip yonex you buy by 3 in
    a pack!MING

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo, most stringers do it as labor of love. If one do the math, the stringing labor is far less than minimum wages, and that including their own work space, their own work equipment, their own utility bills (electricity, property tax, etc).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A
    my dad got a 6-point drop weight. together with yy-fly clamps. and soem other kit....

i do it in 40 minutes. and it feel smore confident:

-a: shops aroudn here ask 20 euro's right now it costs me 4 at most...
    -b: shops tend to do it wrong around here
    -c: i make a nice bit of money. fun savings..my next racket will be bought wiht my stringing money (i charge 13 euro's...less for friends)
    -d: it's quicker for me. no waiting three days for somebody.
    -e: i can experiment with strings/tensions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

you do including string and grommets and job??
    it take one hour for me,I did around 50 for the moment ,
    MING
    Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    A
    my dad got a 6-point drop weight. together with yy-fly clamps. and soem other kit....

i do it in 40 minutes. and it feel smore confident:

-a: shops aroudn here ask 20 euro's right now it costs me 4 at most...
    -b: shops tend to do it wrong around here
    -c: i make a nice bit of money. fun savings..my next racket will be bought wiht my stringing money (i charge 13 euro's...less for friends)
    -d: it's quicker for me. no waiting three days for somebody.
    -e: i can experiment with strings/tensions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i'm not replacing all the grommets, just the really bad ones.

I'm still not the fastest i've ever seen..but i'm satisfied. IMO anything within the hour is good.

when i started it took me 2 hours. stringing every main, and every cross. tripple checkign the weave-work, and weaving slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to me one hour one raquet ,I did 50 raquet now,replace grommets when brocken,
    MING
    Quote Originally Posted by jerby
    well i'm not replacing all the grommets, just the really bad ones.

I'm still not the fastest i've ever seen..but i'm satisfied. IMO anything within the hour is good.

when i started it took me 2 hours. stringing every main, and every cross. tripple checkign the weave-work, and weaving slow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my answer is C...always go to a shop. I have no idea how to string rackets nor am interested in learning the fine art of stringing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I string in my living room. Though I store the machine on a bookshelf in my study. The most dangerous part is moving the machine to the living room. If I ever drop that ton of metal on my feet, I can forget about playing badminton ever again.

I had the machine for 6 months, it has paid for all my 200m reels of strings and it won't be long before the machine will pay for itself too. The best part is the most valuable: the machine gave me the ability to find my optimum string and tension for free, and transformed me from a beginner to a competent club league player. Those I play with benefit too, as I observe their play and gradually tune their string/tension whenever it is time for them to restring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default high stake stringing

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDoo6
    I string in my living room. Though I store the machine on a bookshelf in my study. The most dangerous part is moving the machine to the living room. If I ever drop that ton of metal on my feet, I can forget about playing badminton ever again.
    wow, you have your badminton career on the line

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast