User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 35 to 48 of 48
  1. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Two
    I'm using my cross-trainers improperly then..as i stay on the balls of my feet. They're not causing me any problems whatsover. I've found that these shoes are now providing excellent grip. Problem solved.

    Theory is theory. I don't need to explain what I'm doing. As long as I know myself that I'm not getting injured. And even if I get injured, no problem. It's not going to be the end of the world.

    If someone wants to buy me a pair of badminton shoes..then I don't mind. What I care about is keeping my wallet full.
    Since you don't care about injury, then why did you ask in the first place? All above people are trying to respond questions you have, but seems to me, that, after all, we were just wasting our time?

    And why would anyone buy you a pair of badminton shoes? I really think you should digest your thoughts before you post. It's making people confused on what your question really is.

  2. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Two
    I'm using my cross-trainers improperly then..as i stay on the balls of my feet.
    You even do that when landing after a jump or lunges??? Wow... I can only say, "lucky..."

  3. #37
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    1,223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    a decent pair of badminton trainers is alot cheaper than hospital treatment, physio therapy etc etc

  4. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    71
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Even cheap badminton shoes are a lot better than using running shoes.

    All i can say is, buy de cheapest pair of Yonex, Calton, Mizuno etc badminton shoes n try for yourself.

  5. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho V
    Even cheap badminton shoes are a lot better than using running shoes.

    All i can say is, buy de cheapest pair of Yonex, Calton, Mizuno etc badminton shoes n try for yourself.
    Gosen (S350?) baddy shoes is only US$35 compare to Yonex SHB98MX, which is US$75-85.

  6. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    See the beginning of the thread. The original question has been answered. But ppl just love to recommend getting shoes.

    Since you are saying I'm thoughtless...maybe you should..read over the whole thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    Since you don't care about injury, then why did you ask in the first place? All above people are trying to respond questions you have, but seems to me, that, after all, we were just wasting our time?

    And why would anyone buy you a pair of badminton shoes? I really think you should digest your thoughts before you post. It's making people confused on what your question really is.

  7. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sure it is. But I'd like to get injured first.

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Ross
    a decent pair of badminton trainers is alot cheaper than hospital treatment, physio therapy etc etc

  8. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Two
    See the beginning of the thread. The original question has been answered. But ppl just love to recommend getting shoes.
    To most of us (maybe u still don't agree), the best answer for ur question is - GET THE PROPER SHOES.

  9. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree. That new shoes is the right solution for everyone else but me...don't worry about me, I'm not THAT important

    Maybe in 2 year..if I have money saved up.

    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy
    To most of us (maybe u still don't agree), the best answer for ur question is - GET THE PROPER SHOES.

  10. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    This sums up what I needed to know. Thx badrad

    Quote Originally Posted by badrad
    shoes too big = wear extra socks, or add and extra insole. both will usually work for about 1/2 size difference. unfortunately if the shoe is any bigger than that, i've had socks and insoles bunch up at the toe during play.

    for slippery shoes, i've seen players do the following in addition to the wet paper towels.
    1. bring a swifter mop to the gym - it's portable, and has it's own moisture.
    2. use the palm of your hands - it's dirty i know, but i've seen some players do that.
    3. wipe on top of your shoes. i have seen a player who taped a small patch of suede on the top of his shoes for this very purpose, so as not the damage the shoe or the laces.
    4. kick or tap the bottom of the shoes with racquet (like in tennis).

  11. #45
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Two
    See the beginning of the thread. The original question has been answered. But ppl just love to recommend getting shoes.

    Since you are saying I'm thoughtless...maybe you should..read over the whole thread.
    With attitude like this, no wonder your posts are being deleted and your previous account was suspended.

    Good luck.

  12. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London area, UK
    Posts
    3,977
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Two
    Sure it is. But I'd like to get injured first.
    There's something deeply wrong with that attitude. Sounds to me like you suffer from low self-esteem

    Oh well, it's up to you of course. I just hope you don't hurt yourself - whether on or off court.

    Good luck.

  13. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why do you think that my previous account was suspended? Maybe you should pm kwun and cheung, i've pm'ed them and they have confirmed that it is not.

    Also...why are you getting off topic?

    This thread should be closed.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    With attitude like this, no wonder your posts are being deleted
    and your previous account was suspended.

    Good luck.

  14. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm fine thank you.

    As I see it..I'm not going to get injured. Trying to convince me that I will is the wrong attitude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gollum
    There's something deeply wrong with that attitude. Sounds to me like you suffer from low self-esteem

    Oh well, it's up to you of course. I just hope you don't hurt yourself - whether on or off court.

    Good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Similar Threads

  1. Solution for slipping glasses
    By visor in forum General Forum
    Replies: 14
    : 02-04-2012, 01:24 PM
  2. racket slipping
    By GoDLee in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 6
    : 07-31-2010, 10:03 AM
  3. Help! My knot keeps slipping!
    By R20190 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 42
    : 11-10-2006, 06:03 AM
  4. Insoles slipping
    By Big Slick in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 1
    : 05-16-2005, 04:39 PM
  5. Frame Slipping
    By NoIso4Me in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 6
    : 08-02-2004, 09:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •