User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Paint on default string

    Anyone annoyed at them like me? The paint gets on to shuttles, and the string sticks together, making it lose it's feel...

    Of course, playing a lot helps..but when i get a new prestrung racket, i'd rather not have paint on it.

    I could go cut off the string..and spend $20 getting it restrung

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lymm, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Two
    Anyone annoyed at them like me? The paint gets on to shuttles, and the string sticks together, making it lose it's feel...

    Of course, playing a lot helps..but when i get a new prestrung racket, i'd rather not have paint on it.

    I could go cut off the string..and spend $20 getting it restrung
    totally agree - any ideas on how to remove the paint? without wreckign the strings?

    anything alcohol base dries the strings out apparently adn makes them brittle so white spirit is out of the questions..

    any ideas?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Eindhoven, the Netherlands
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default paint

    You can remove the paint safely by playing a lot of badminton with the racket

    Now we are talking about paint, I saw a brand new racket the other day in the shop and the paint was blattered off at many places. I said 'this racket is not brand new, someone has played with it', but the shop keeper claimed 'it is due to the sunshine that the paint got off'.
    I don't believe this is possible?

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    depends if it was in the shop window, or inside the shop. I'd be really suspicious if it was hanging inside the shop, but otherwise if it was outside, then maybe...

    i guess the paint on the strings is a good indication that it is new and hasn't been played with.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Eindhoven, the Netherlands
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SheldonZhang
    depends if it was in the shop window, or inside the shop.
    This is what I don't believe. I think you have to keep the racket at least 3 years in the sunshine before any painting comes off..

    Another indication was that the plastic around the grip was taken off.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zax
    This is what I don't believe. I think you have to keep the racket at least 3 years in the sunshine before any painting comes off..

    Another indication was that the plastic around the grip was taken off.
    lol...refuse to buy it!!
    or ask for a discount....it must have been used

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Eindhoven, the Netherlands
    Posts
    326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SheldonZhang
    lol...refuse to buy it!!
    or ask for a discount....it must have been used
    I asked for discount but the shopkeeper claimed it was a new racket, so I did not buy it.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The paint is still on my Cab 7000..despite the fact I have used it for over a year in high school, and i'm using it this term..I'll see how it looks at the end of the term though..see if it gets better.

    However, the paint doesn't make the string stick together anymore.



    Quote Originally Posted by Zax
    You can remove the paint safely by playing a lot of badminton with the racket

    Now we are talking about paint, I saw a brand new racket the other day in the shop and the paint was blattered off at many places. I said 'this racket is not brand new, someone has played with it', but the shop keeper claimed 'it is due to the sunshine that the paint got off'.
    I don't believe this is possible?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGr8Two
    The paint is still on my Cab 7000..despite the fact I have used it for over a year in high school.
    Are you using it to hit the shuttle?

    I normally get a racket re-strung as soon as I buy it becasue factory tension is very low, sometimes not even over 20lbs.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm too cheap to restring it right now Tension is about 19lbs..which sucks..but is still useable. Only when it feels like 18 lbs then I'll consider.

    Maybe I'm getting too many mishits while I was using it when I started badminton

    I have a question...
    my Cab 7 Long's grommets are almost all too damaged to be restrung. Is it worth paying for grommets to get it restrung? The tension on that is lower than my Cab 7000.

Similar Threads

  1. Does paint affects the performance of the string?
    By TX in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 61
    : 09-18-2013, 03:18 AM
  2. Paint my string!
    By Nxskynet in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 12
    : 11-02-2008, 11:31 PM
  3. default racquet string tension and mass?
    By jwcdis in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 2
    : 06-07-2006, 10:14 PM
  4. Victory by Default?
    By Bbn in forum Thomas/Uber Cups 2004
    Replies: 5
    : 02-25-2004, 04:18 AM
  5. Badminton string paint
    By other in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 2
    : 09-13-2003, 10:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •