Wong Choong Hann interview

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Wizbit, Jun 12, 2004.

1. Wizbit

Wizbit Regular Member

Testing ladie's lingerie
    I found an interview from Peter Gade's website, from the copenhagen masters.

http://www.petergade.net/klip/chpm/qt/wong_adsl.htm

The interview is funny because Wong clearly is very nervous....the amount of times he smiles nervously and laughs to himself. Enjoy!

2. C L BAO

C L BAO Regular Member

Student
    That is so interesting the way you said it. I would like to read it but unfortunately the link isnt working. :( Mind checking the link again, please? :) Thanks. If you cant, it's ok then. :)

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Badminton > Choong Hann’s last quest for gold
    By ALUOSIES FRANCIS

SEASONED shuttler Wong Choong Hann, now into the last lap of his international badminton career, hopes to be in smashing form when
    he competes in the Beijing Olympics next month.

SEASONED shuttler Wong Choong Hann, now into the last lap of his international badminton career, hopes to be in smashing form when he competes in the Beijing Olympics next month.
    It will be Choong Hann’s third appearance in the world’s premier multi-sports event, having graced the 2000 chapter in Sydney and Athens Games in 2004.

In Sydney, the lanky shuttler was stopped in the quarter- finals by China’s Xie Xianje, while Taufik Hidayat ended Choong Hann’s gold quest at the last 16 stage in Athens.

At 31, Choong Hann along with Peter Gade Christensen and Kenneth Jonassen, would be the oldest players in the singles event.

He said: “Experience comes with age. The only way to handle the fast and furious young players, including my fellow Malaysian (Lee) Chong Wei is to play intelligently.

“I have to slow down my young opponents to offset their rhythm and capitalise on my expertise. Variations will be a key factor when I play them.” For Choong Hann, the Beijing Games will be very special. “My wife is expected to deliver our child in September … and winning a medal (whatever colour), will be the best gift.

“So, it’s going to be for baby and me. Of course, my main challenge is to win a gold medal.

“I guess this will be my last Olympics as age is not on my side,” he said.

When asked if the RM1 million offer for gold medal winners will inspire him, he said: “Not really. It’s a very good offer. I don’t want to be too greedy or even want to think of it.

“My focus is on the game.

If my game is not up to the mark, then the RM1m is just a dream.” Asked what the future holds for him, Choong Hann said: “I have two options.

I will reveal them after the Games. But if I strike gold, then I’ll continue playing and shelve my future plans till there comes a time where I have to look at the exit gate.

This is one last chance for me to make good and I’m saving the best for the last as far as the Olympic Games are concerned.” If all his preparations, that comes with some ‘extras’, which he does on his own falls in place, then Choong Hann is all set for a smashing fortune.

4. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

“So, it’s going to be for baby and me. Of course, my main challenge is to win a gold medal.", says WCH.

He is psyching himself up for that gold medal and he is linking it to the baby and himself. He is trying to motivate himself to achieve the impossible. There is nothing to lose for him - nobody gives him a chance.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

So far, this is the only article I've come across that quoted WCH mentioning gold medal. In all Msian interviews (some posted in WCH's thread), it's challenge for a medal, of any colour & improving his physical condition to keep up with the young guns.

In any case, all the best to WCH

6. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Wong Choong Hann is one of the last true gentlemen playing the game.
    Ever the epitome of sportsmanship and decorum, he deserves better :)

All the best to this experienced Malaysian lion!

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    WCH already has plan for his exit gate. Just in case he retire from Badminton.

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He said if he wins, he will carry on playing badminton (obviously has a great love for the game and thinks it is a possibility). It sounded like he wants to carry on and that is his better option. If he does not win, he will execute his exit plan (probably to become a coach, which I think he is very capable of).

I fully support his options (no need to quit if you are still capable). But if reality is he gets knocked out before the QTR FINALS, then give it away and do the next best thing.

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    wch is good to reach quater...depend on draw also

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

who knows?? maybe he will gets a medal home...:)
    although the odds are highly against him right now.