User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default what is Bao Chunlai wearing on his ankle?

    anybody noticed that Bao always have these black things on his ankle? they look like he is wearing double ankle braces. which may not be too surprised with his knee turned in style footwork. or maybe he have had bad ankle injuries before?

    i got a picture of him with the black thing but i don't have a better or close up pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    607
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ankle weights
    kidding.....

    most likely ankle braces.

  3. #3
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    a closer look. definitely an ankle brace...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Eindhoven, the Netherlands
    Posts
    326
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default bao's ankles

    I remember Chen Hong spraining his ankle at Japan Open 2002 but for the tall Bao Chunlai I cannot recall any serious ankle injuries... perhaps it's precaution or some minor twists occured during training... ?

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cagayan de Oro City
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zax
    I remember Chen Hong spraining his ankle at Japan Open 2002 but for the tall Bao Chunlai I cannot recall any serious ankle injuries... perhaps it's precaution or some minor twists occured during training... ?
    I guez wat dat thing at at Bao Chunlai's left knee is a knee support. Notice the pic ANTZ attached in his letter. Bao had hes knee bandaged which shows that either he hurt his left knee.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Cagayan de Oro City
    Posts
    93
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwun
    anybody noticed that Bao always have these black things on his ankle? they look like he is wearing double ankle braces. which may not be too surprised with his knee turned in style footwork. or maybe he have had bad ankle injuries before?

    i got a picture of him with the black thing but i don't have a better or close up pic.
    Those are knee supports. I used to wear one of those at my right knee when i hurt them in a basketball game. Browse at ANTZ previous letter which had bao's picture attached on it. Its left knee is busted.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    TW
    Posts
    3,949
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butch
    Those are knee supports. I used to wear one of those at my right knee when i hurt them in a basketball game. Browse at ANTZ previous letter which had bao's picture attached on it. Its left knee is busted.
    why would he wear the "knee" supports that low??
    (especially down to ankles; doesn't make sense)

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York, US
    Posts
    10,283
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeff
    why would he wear the "knee" supports that low??
    (especially down to ankles; doesn't make sense)
    I think they were talking about the skin-color "pad" on his knee.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    San Francisco/Mountain View
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The velcro on the top makes it look like an active ankle brace that I used to use for volleyball. If anyone needs a brace, I would recommend the active ankle as it is hinged and you have full forward/backward movement, yet it is fully supported for lateral movement. Only drawback is that you might notice the weight (not really heavy, but not exactly Ti light either).

    Here's a peek at one:

    http://activeankle.com/

    or here:

    http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...&model_nbr=613

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm...
    Active ankle is indeed very good but I think that Bao was not wearing it.
    From the first picture posted, you can see the back (the heel side) is black.
    Wering Active Ankle generally leaves that spot to show the color of socks and you can see bao wear white socks....

    I think that he just wore regular neoprene ankle braces like this:
    http://www.bodyglove.com/products/pr...oduct_id%3D985

    -SC


    Quote Originally Posted by prophet
    The velcro on the top makes it look like an active ankle brace that I used to use for volleyball. If anyone needs a brace, I would recommend the active ankle as it is hinged and you have full forward/backward movement, yet it is fully supported for lateral movement. Only drawback is that you might notice the weight (not really heavy, but not exactly Ti light either).

    Here's a peek at one:

    http://activeankle.com/

    or here:

    http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...&model_nbr=613

Similar Threads

  1. Lin Dan Wearing a T Shirt with his own Pic
    By rwijaja in forum Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2008
    Replies: 6
    : 05-19-2008, 03:30 AM
  2. Benefits of wearing ankle weight
    By jas1121 in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 17
    : 08-21-2007, 07:14 AM
  3. shoes wearing
    By $D34no$ in forum Clothing & Footwear
    Replies: 4
    : 07-20-2007, 06:19 PM
  4. Wearing Gloves
    By t3tsubo in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 10
    : 03-01-2007, 02:15 AM
  5. what are you wearing?
    By odjn in forum Badminton Rackets / Equipment
    Replies: 12
    : 04-21-2003, 08:31 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •