What raq best suit me??

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by twiny_bro, Jun 21, 2004.

1. twiny_bro

twiny_bro New Member

blehh......I'm dead lost after reading all the raqs thread, i was lookin for a new raq that best suits me. I was looking for the Ti serie or the MP serie but after reading all the threads i'm just not sure if i'm ready for them. Well anyway i like playing defense, when i play with my friends i like giving them reasonably high shot so they can smash me and i'd be rdy to return it....I enjoyin defending more then smashing, but i do however like to smash once in awhile just to say "hey i can smash too" and to impress the girls ^_^.

Oh i'm only a highschool student(YR 9) i play for my school, came second 3 yrs in a row...aiming for 1st nxt yr ^_^.

So, the question is what raq is best suit me, and any other tips would be nice ^_^

2. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Okay, now my questions to you are: what racquet(s) are you currently using and what is your budget?

3. SmashingBird

SmashingBird Regular Member

Student, Badminton-student
    RICHMOND BC...ne hot girls from richmond that play
    I believe the AT800 OF will suit u quite well

4. lalanthier

lalanthier Regular Member

Student
    Muscle Power 88 is a versatile racquet. I recommend that.

If you have the money, I'd say AT 800 DF...

Carbonexes are good...I've only played with the CAb 20, so I can't recommend any other one.

5. twiny_bro

twiny_bro New Member

well i've used an RSL raq b4 (cost around $75aus) and i liked the feel of it, and my smashes were good and my returns were close to well done. But it got stolen :(. so currently i'm using a Yonex Raq. um......it's an old raq and the paint is kind off dissappearing but i know it's a carbonex _______ full carbon shaft. and not very firmiliar with it, i don't seem to play as well. as for budget i've got roughly 100 Aust dollars to spend.

6. bluemp88lover

bluemp88lover Regular Member

Yonex MP 88 is quite good. I have the 3UG4 version and I am quite happy with it. I bought it for around 180 Singapore dollars, which is about 150 Australian dollars.

#6 bluemp88lover, Jun 21, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Here are the rackets I either used or demoed, which I believe might worth to consider based on your request:

Yonex: Cab30ms, MP88

SOTX: STB8080+

Babolat: Satelite Synchro

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Has it got a metal frame? What colour is the cone?

You might have one of 'the classic' carbonex racquets.

9. twiny_bro

twiny_bro New Member

umm...it's dark navy coloured from top to bottom [frame,shaft and the cone][if u look close enough u can see a bit of reflective pattern] but the cone have a silver paintin with the yy logo and the number on the cone is
    4053 sp

10. twiny_bro

twiny_bro New Member

ohhh and i'm thinkin of the Yonex MP28...is that alright???? i've seen it on net for $100 [aust] is that price reasonable?

11. Woven

Woven Regular Member

beggar
    mp 28 for AU$100??? thats pretty expensive. u couldve got mp 77 for just a lil bit more (around AU$115).

12. lalanthier

lalanthier Regular Member

Student
    One rule i like to stick to when buying Yonex racquets is: If you can, buy the racquets near the higher end. They're a better deal, since an MP28 is retailing like some $110 CND here and an MP88 is about $240 CND. That's not bad...considering they're some 5-6 models appart and on oppoet ends of the quality spectrum.

If you want cheap and good, buy an Isometric or Carbonex. I'm thinking Isometric as in 52 MF or 65 MF. I don't remember the numbers exactly, but they're between 50-60, and they retailed about $50 CND. They're definately very good racquets for their cost, and decent racquets overall.